Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-16-2020, 02:35 AM   #241
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
LOL! Now I know! I have spent WAYYYY too much time trying to figure out and fix this on my own.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:25 PM   #242
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 2.0.38 Many miscellaneous technical tweaks to improve overall performance

Version 2.0.38 -2020-12-16 Many miscellaneous technical tweaks to improve overall performance. Template Target CALM Library updated to version 24 by Calibre automatically.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2020, 03:23 AM   #243
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'e' referenced before assignment

I installed this plugin on Calibre 5.7.2, OSX Big Sur 11.1, Macbook air M1. Plugin is version 2.0.38

Full log is here

Any ideas? Thanks!
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:38 AM   #244
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your generation failed because it could not open the CALM tools.db database that lives with the Target Library. LAN?? Anyway, refresh the CALM Target Library. Start over. Check the Target directory to ensure there are 2 .db files.

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-18-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: typos
Old 12-18-2020, 05:06 AM   #245
redlob
Connoisseur

Thanks. No my library is on the same drive as Calibre.

I reinstalled the plugin, but when I start it, the first error message is this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-12-18 om 10.59.53.png
Views:	126
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	184107

Then after I click OK, the UnboundLocalError pops up:

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-12-18 om 11.03.13.png
Views:	129
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	184108

So it's not even possible to change any settings for CALM
Advert
Old 12-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #246
DaltonST
Deviser

You cannot change the settings within the CALM Target Library itself.

[1] Have you ever been successful in creating a good CALM Target Library, and been able to use its tools?

[2] Are you trying to start Calibre directly into the CALM Target Library? If so, don't. Start Calibre via command line, specifying a Source Library. Then, run CALM and change your settings. Start fresh with a completely new CALM Target Directory (after backing up your personally customized metadata_tools.db file), and extract a fresh Target Library.

I am going to release a new version with enhanced help messages for your error. I have never seen it happen until now.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-18-2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: more info
Old 12-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #247
redlob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
You cannot change the settings within the CALM Target Library itself.

[1] Have you ever been successful in creating a good CALM Target Library, and been able to use its tools?
Yes, a long time ago on a different machine. I have rather large libraries and CALM was taking too long to consolidate so I never used it. But it did work after installing the plugin.

Quote:
[2] Are you trying to start Calibre directly into the CALM Target Library? If so, don't. Start Calibre via command line, specifying a Source Library. Then, run CALM and change your settings. Start fresh with a completely new CALM Target Directory, and extract a fresh Target Library.
I start Calibre with my default library, then create a new library called CALM. Then I go back to my main library and install the plugin and run it by clicking on it's icon on the toolbar. That's when the errors pop-up.

I think I'm doing nothing different from the last time I tried CALM. The only difference is a new machine with a new OS.

Last edited by redlob; 12-18-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:35 AM   #248
DaltonST
Deviser

So, you have never been successful on your current computer.

Code:
then create a new library called CALM
That is your error. CALM creates the CALM Target Library, not you.

Please read the ToolTips, FAQs and instructions in the CALM dialog.

Download the latest version with enhanced help messages.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-18-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #249
redlob
Connoisseur

Ok, I deleted the CALM library and folder and installed the updated plugin. Thank you for that.

Then I started Calibre from command line pointing to my main library.

Clicked on the CALM icon and got these three error messages

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-12-18 om 15.58.10.png
Views:	116
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	184114

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-12-18 om 15.58.18.png
Views:	115
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	184115

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-12-18 om 15.54.25.png
Views:	111
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	184113

Full log is here
Old 12-18-2020, 10:09 AM   #250
DaltonST
Deviser

Same issue. You need to:

#1 delete the calm.json file under /config/plugins.

#2 find a new top directory to have CALM create a new library folder and then to extract a fresh target library.

Something is corrupt about the path you are telling it to create its target library in.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:37 AM   #251
DaltonST
Deviser

The first 2 CALM error messages are spot-on and valid. Do what they say.

The Exception is that the Exception is not a proper Python Exception: "TypeError: exceptions must derive from BaseException".

Ignore that 3d Exception, since it is intentionally raised just stop everything where it is, which it did.

I believe the root cause of your whole problem is that you manually created the ../CALM/ library, which is forbidden, and that royally confused CALM, because CALM always refreshes it with 2 files: the template CALM Target Library, and the CALM tools .db file. You cannot possibly create the CALM tools .db file, which is what your error messages are all about.

CALM creates the ../CALM/ library itself. Always.

Please carefully read all of the ToolTips for all of the widgets in the CALM Dialog, as well as any embedded instructions and FAQs.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-18-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #252
redlob
Connoisseur

Yes! Deleting the .json file fixed my problem. CALM is now starting and ready to configure

Thanks for all the help @DaltonST!
Old 12-18-2020, 08:23 PM   #253
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It worked! I was able to consolidate all my libraries, now I have to figure out how it all works!
Old 12-18-2020, 08:44 PM   #254
Rellwood

Quick question,

How do I make whatever changes I made in my CALM library "go out" to the books in their source libraries?

I might be thinking that this plugin does more than I thought.

I am under the impresion that any changes, ie. titles, authors, comments, etc. can be made in the CALM library and have them go to the source libraries.

Is this a mistake?
Old 12-19-2020, 06:29 AM   #255
DaltonST
Deviser

Read the Metadata Tools Tab tooltips. That is where everything that can be done is done.

Also read the FAQs Tab.

Last edited by DaltonST; 12-19-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags