Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 02:26 PM   #76
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
AlterusPrime: I've made a new build that should hopefully fix the problem. Could you repeat the same procedure?
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-debug2-0.3.3.zip (758.2 KB, 283 views)
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #77
AlterusPrime
Enthusiast
AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlterusPrime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thumbs up

Nice, works like a charm now!
Attached Files
File Type: txt info.log.txt (4.0 KB, 326 views)
AlterusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #78
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've released 0.3.4.

This version mainly fixes the bug that prevented the main menu from appearing on the Glo, Aura and Aura 2nd Edition.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:23 PM   #79
mhss
mhss began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Thanks for share.
Could you post the steps that how install it ?
It will be friendly for rookie, like me ^^.
mhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:51 PM   #80
mhss
mhss began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Excuse me, Does Plate support txt file, or multibyte charactor, like chinese, japanese etc? I could not find this information from guide and github.
mhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 PM   #81
jkaltes
jkaltes began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Tab Ultra C
Plato can become a very good program: it should be faster than koreader.

It is a little bit difficult that it is at first rotated 90 degree and you have to read this forum to find out how to change it.

Why does it have 9 threads running, though my e reader has only one processor and I am reading only one e-book?

ps -T|grep plato
jkaltes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:19 AM   #82
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
baskerville,

I am asking here, even though the question is only slightly related to this thread. In KSM 09, I am using your fmon instead of the version by Sergey, in order to monitor exit_nickel.png and so on. However, when one connects (from within nickel) the device as mass storage, all instances of fmon exit. Is this the expected behaviour of your version?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #83
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
However, when one connects (from within nickel) the device as mass storage, all instances of fmon exit.
I'm aware of the problem and I'm trying to fix it.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #84
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I'm aware of the problem and I'm trying to fix it.
Thank you.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #85
Akbar
Enthusiast
Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akbar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Galaxy tab s3
This reader looks very beautiful and I can't wait to see a stable release. Thanks for your work and please keep it up.
Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #86
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhss View Post
Could you post the steps that how install it ?
Have you followed the instructions given in the guide?
Old 02-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #87
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Really nice job, thank you very much!

There's a feature I miss (or just didn't find!) and that is available in koreader, it's the ability, when reading a PDF to set a width (like we can do with the little bottom left button in plato) and have the height adapt to that width, even if that makes a page end at the center of the screen (and a new one to start there, after a little grey line). Dunno if I'm clear, I hope you'll understand what I mean. Is it possible right now? If it isn't I guess it should be easy to implement, isn't it?

Impressive work anyway, congrats!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:14 AM   #88
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Does Plato supports TXT
Not yet: mupdf doesn't handle TXT.

Quote:
or multibyte charactor, like chinese, japanese etc?
mupdf's japanese font (Source Han Sans) adds 24 MiB to libmupdf.so, so it hasn't been included. Droid Sans Fallback is used instead: I'm not sure if it provides enough characters.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:20 AM   #89
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaltes View Post
Why does it have 9 threads running, though my e reader has only one processor and I am reading only one e-book?
There's 1 main thread, 4 threads for event processing, 2 threads to forward events to the main receiving channel, and 2 threads for the clock and battery timers.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:30 AM   #90
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Really nice job, thank you very much!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
There's a feature I miss and that is available in koreader, it's the ability, when reading a PDF to set a width and have the height adapt to that width, even if that makes a page end at the center of the screen.
This is in doc/TODO.md: Fit to width. Repage.

What I mean by repage is a slight variation of fit to width that piles blocks (lines, images) until it reaches a given ratio.