Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Do I misunderstand "Save to Disk" ?

I'm on 7.10, been using Calibre for some time, (usual praises & accolades for this great product), I have checked the FAQ's & not found an answer to this.

In the "save to disk" function (icon) I choose "save only LRF to disk". Or "Save single format to disk" choosing LRF
But what happens is that Calibre saves every format it has of the chosen book file, PDF, +MOBI, +Epub, +LRF, etc. to the storage media I chose, (SD card, USB or whatever), not just the LRF I wanted it to. So I then have to manually delete them from the card.

What am I missing??
If I am being dumb please tell me.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
I'm on 7.10, been using Calibre for some time, (usual praises & accolades for this great product), I have checked the FAQ's & not found an answer to this.

In the "save to disk" function (icon) I choose "save only LRF to disk". Or "Save single format to disk" choosing LRF
But what happens is that Calibre saves every format it has of the chosen book file, PDF, +MOBI, +Epub, +LRF, etc. to the storage media I chose, (SD card, USB or whatever), not just the LRF I wanted it to. So I then have to manually delete them from the card.

What am I missing??
If I am being dumb please tell me.
I use "Save EPUB only" all the time with no problems like you describe ( v 0.7.10)

Now, "Send to device" does that one to me. so I avoid it. I only want the best version (I have) on the reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
No, I don't think you missunderstand anything. I just tried to do the same, but using epub. And it worked just as expected. Only the epub version was saved. (Along with cover and .opf.)

I just saved to a folder on the desktop. And it worked perfectly.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
I just tested .rtf and .rb. (0.7.10) Both saved only the single requested format. I don't have any lrf's. Why don't you test the formats I tested and see if it works correctly for you.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just tested it with Epub & yes it transferred the epub, jpg cover and the .opf

Works with .rtf as well - going away to do much head scratching

Last edited by columbus; 07-27-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Just tested it with Epub & yes it transferred the epub, jpg cover and the .opf
That's normal. If you don't want the metadata file (.opf) and the cover (.jpg), uncheck the two options that start "Save" on Preferences|Add/Save. You said you were getting other formats (like EPUB) when you chose LRF only. Are you getting other formats, or just those two files?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
That's normal. If you don't want the metadata file (.opf) and the cover (.jpg), uncheck the two options that start "Save" on Preferences|Add/Save. You said you were getting other formats (like EPUB) when you chose LRF only. Are you getting other formats, or just those two files?
It must be me! I've not been able to replicate the original problem, - e'r what problem? - it's a bugger getting old
Old 07-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
I've not been able to replicate the original problem
Calibre will save to the same directory you last used by default. Perhaps you saved all formats to that directory, then subsequently saved a single format to the same directory. If you looked later, you would have seen the earlier-saved formats, too.

Last edited by Starson17; 07-28-2010 at 10:34 AM.