Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 11:10 PM   #1
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Question I'm looking for something that looks more like a actual "Library"

I use calibre to edit the ebooks but I am currently looking for something that looks more like a library with a background or with shelves where the ebooks would sit onto.

So I was wondering if there was a free program or a free windows 10 app that could be used to do the same thing. Or is there a way to do the same thing with calibre or a plugin from calibre that can do the same thing somehow.

Is there any way to do this on Windows 10.

If this has already been asked please point me in the right direction if possible.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click the layout button inthe bottom right corner of the main calibre window and turn on the cover grid view.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:54 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sure you can find other program(s) to show you a more graphical bookshelf like layout. But you lose a lot in actual functionality. There is no other program with as much features/functions and support then you'll get with Calibre. If the grid view is not what you want, I suggest just learning to live with what you get with Calibre as you won't find any eBook manager even close.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:03 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See ==>> Is there still a bookshelf view?

There maybe some similar threads, search for 'grid shelf'

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:05 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could (or find someone who could) write a plugin to give you a library view.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
"Like a real Library'???????????????????

Except for the "New Books" and Featured topic, Books are shelved SPINE OUT (mostly vertical). (been in a lot of Public and private Libraries in my lifetime. Got my first Library card in the 50's )

Even Retail (Face out of fancy dust jackets is a Retail trick) , avoids using shelf space so wantonly ($ pen square inch) except for promotion. The ones that do, have a tiny selection and those are usually fast mover, 'best seller'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

And to add on to what theducks has said, if you find a program that shows books on a bookshelf showing the books cover side out, it's not a real library. Nobody has books like that in a bookshelf.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #8
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The grid view was what I needed to bad I cant change the background of the grid to a image of my choice to make it look a bit more like a shelve but oh well. I just needed to see the covers for all the ebooks at once so I knew which ebooks needed there covers replaced with jpeg images from online. Or just needed some tinkering.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:35 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
The grid view was what I needed to bad I cant change the background of the grid
The thread I pointed you at in post #4 will show you how to do exactly that Ψ³

Sample attached

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.png
Views:	321
Size:	542.9 KB
ID:	187856  
Old 06-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #10
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Sample attached

BR
It didn't work well for me, as I explained in that thread.
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:09 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
It didn't work well for me, as I explained in that thread.
I tried as well and it doesn't work for me.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Sample attached

BR
If you've gotten this to work, can you please post your cover grid settings? Thanks.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:48 PM   #13
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote:
See ==>> Is there still a bookshelf view?

There maybe some similar threads, search for 'grid shelf'

BR
I should have read this comment sooner. I kind of zipped past it. I didn't realize it was a link I thought you were just writing text and had it underlined.

Sometimes people will underline text to make you look at it like this What Ever! Sometimes I will just pass up on things unless there is a colored text and this url was just black not like blue or something to point out it was a text. Sorry I missed it.

I did visit the link and I also gave it a try. And so far so good I really actually like the look of it so far. I thank you for pointing out the link a second time for me. Thank you very much.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:54 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you've gotten this to work, can you please post your cover grid settings? Thanks.
I don't use the grid in any shape or form so they're the default settings.

Did you look in the thread I referenced.

BR