Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
scubacuda
scubacuda began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS-505 unreponsive (even after charging, reset does not work)

For a couple of months, my Sony PRS-505 was doing okay. I went about 4 months without reading it, and then I tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't work.

Suspecting it was battery-related, I left it plugged in for about two days, but to no avail. I also plugged the USB cable in the the computer with the software updating tools, hoping to be able to refresh the flash, but the reader is unresponsive.

I have tried to reset it (push in pin, slide power cable, etc), but that doesn't work here either.

Any suggestions?
scubacuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
When charging a dead battery over USB, it might take a few hours just for the red light to light up. Leave it plugged overnight but make sure to disable any auto sleep or power down. Also, make sure you're plugging it into one of the USB slots at the back of the PC, not in the front or in a hub.
Or just go to the nearest game/electronics shop and get a PSP charger with barrel-type connector.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's possible that the 505 won't charge from the USB when it's totally dead. So the suggestion of getting a PSP AC Adapter (not USB) is the only thing to do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote