Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
What case is this? Full-grain leather

I bought a 350 four years ago and it came with two cases, one is the sony official, made of plastic and fake thin leathery material that started to wore out after few days of usage, the other one is this seem to be a full grain leather cover, that's really thick and durable with excellent craftsmanship and material.

photoes

http://imgur.com/a/DAseT

I recently bought another 350 in mint condition, and I want to buy the same leather case for it. But this case has no labelling or brand or anything. I am sure someone in the Sony reader community would know the maker of this case since it is such a quality case.
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Can I ask where you got your 350? I've been checking ebay from time to time and never see one.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Can I ask where you got your 350? I've been checking ebay from time to time and never see one.
A 350 is a bad idea. The battery is likely to be in need of replacement due to sitting around drained or having been used enough to not hold a charge well enough.

Also, it's a low resolution Pearl screen with no front light. The Sony light case may be hard to find. So you'll have lower resolution, lower contrast, and maybe some bulky light.

The 350 uses an old version of ADE that doesn't hyphenation meaning lovely gaps in some lines. The 350 is also slow. I mean really really slow. When you open an eBook that contains a high-resolution cover, it would be really slow. And if that cover is too high, you could crash. The 350 has seen better days. It's not worth using these days.

My recommendation is to not buy a 350. You'll have no end of frustrations with it and given that you have a Kobo Glo HD I think you'd hate the 350.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
US Ebay has 7 listed right now. Perhaps some sellers would ship internationally?

I had a 350 for a while. Nice little ereader but I sold it off when I got my 600.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote