Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 06-29-2006, 12:21 AM   #1
wildeny
wildeny began at the beginning.

Device: vivlio Touch HD Plus (PB632)
Problem with New York Times

I don't have this problem few days ago, but now I cannot send the print page to Sunrise.

The error message said Internet connection is out. But it was not. Also not because the extension in Firefox which works fine with other sites.

Of course, I can send rss pages to Sunrise. I just like to choose the articles that interest me, not getting all of them together.

Any idea about this strange problem?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Disable "Work offline" in Internet Explorer.
Advert
Old 06-29-2006, 04:51 AM   #3
wildeny

Thanks for the reply.

I use Firefox and it's not offline (ie no problem for other web pages I was viewing at that time). Also tested using IE and failed again.

If someone also registers in New York Times, please try if you can send the Print Page to Sunrise XP.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:19 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Works fine here.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeny
I use Firefox and it's not offline (ie no problem for other web pages I was viewing at that time). Also tested using IE and failed again.
I had a similar problem a couple months back. You must realize that if IE is set to offline, that will affect Sunrise XP, but not Firefox. So Firefox will still browse normally online, but IE won't and Sunrise XP will not be able to update either.

I'm not sure why this doesn't affect Firefox, but that's how it works. Check again to be sure that IE is not set to offline.
Advert
Old 09-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
wildeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM
I had a similar problem a couple months back. You must realize that if IE is set to offline, that will affect Sunrise XP, but not Firefox. So Firefox will still browse normally online, but IE won't and Sunrise XP will not be able to update either.

I'm not sure why this doesn't affect Firefox, but that's how it works. Check again to be sure that IE is not set to offline.
Sorry for late response.

My IE is never set to be offline, so this isn't the problem (I double checked it just now)

The message "Failed: Internet connection is offline" only occurs when I right-click, within Firefox, at a page for print to Clip with Sunrise XP. No problem for using the preset list in the showcase (via RSS).

After the last reply, I have updated to the latest Sunrise XP. The problem with NYT print version still persists. Now I just temporary save the page in HD and open it again to clip with Sunrise XP. Not very convenient though.