Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #1
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Calibre Companion on Kindle Fire fails.

I submitted a bug on this issue that was closed as invalid. So I would like to ask for assistance here, since I am still having trouble.

I am using the Companion to connect to Calibre over wireless. It connects and identifies itself as a "blaze" device. It was suggested in the bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1820766
To right click on the device icon and set it. However this is not working for me. I believe I have found the problem, but am unsure how to proceed from here.

The device_drivers_SMART_DEVICE_APP.py appears to be what this controlling the device. I cannot edit this to say only use mobi,azw3, etc. I also cannot control where it sends the books on my device.

I tried to disable this plugin, and then the wireless system does not work at all. I am guessing that this is the controller for it, but do not know what I can do to alter the behaviour on formats or destination directories.

The Miscellaneous debugger gives no output when I try to debug the device connection or the get information to setup the user defined device. Both are empty outputs.

I am running:
Calibre version: 3.40.1
States: Connected Wireless Device: blaze
Device: Kindle Fire

Any suggestions on what I can do next would be appreciated.
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to calibre companion forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyverix View Post
The device_drivers_SMART_DEVICE_APP.py appears to be what this controlling the device. I cannot edit this to say only use mobi,azw3, etc. I also cannot control where it sends the books on my device.
Both of these are controlled directly by CC. See the FAQ [Android] How do I choose which formats calibre sends and where the books are stored?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Sorry about that Charles.. Missed this forum for the post.
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
companion, kindle, wifi