Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #436
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ Hey! Didn't I just get this?!
You're a busy guy!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #437
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
WARNING: the following books may contain a ridiculously helpful dog in every single volume...

Looks like there's a new attempt to sell Dean Koontz novels at 99p at amazon.co.uk. Most of them (all?) were at this price a few years back.

I never quite know where to mention his books as they generally fall somewhere between sci-fi, horror and thriller, and somehow manage to annoy everyone while doing it. Whatever, I'll go with the Horror thread this time!

Watchers
The Key to Midnight
Lightning
False Memory
Midnight
Dark Rivers of the Heart
Cold Fire
The Voice of the Heart
The Eyes of Darkness
One Door Away from Heaven
Demon Seed
Ice Bound
Sole Survivor
The Neighbour
Darkness Under the Sun
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #438
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Actually, I count 23 different titles. A great price.

Thank you for the post.

ADDED:
(Bought 8 of them from Kobo.uk)

Thanks!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-24-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #439
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ Actually, I count 23 different titles.
Yeah. Some of them are short stories or 'tasters' of otherwise complete works, so I just listed the complete novels.

More bang for your buck/pound (delete as applicable).

I haven't actually read five of the titles I picked up a few years ago - true to form, the only three I've dealt with are the ones I'd previously read in paperback. Typical!
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #440
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran Seymour View Post
WARNING: the following books may contain a ridiculously helpful dog in every single volume...

Looks like there's a new attempt to sell Dean Koontz novels at 99p at amazon.co.uk. Most of them (all?) were at this price a few years back.

I never quite know where to mention his books as they generally fall somewhere between sci-fi, horror and thriller, and somehow manage to annoy everyone while doing it. Whatever, I'll go with the Horror thread this time!

Watchers
The Key to Midnight
Lightning
False Memory
Midnight
Dark Rivers of the Heart
Cold Fire
The Voice of the Heart
The Eyes of Darkness
One Door Away from Heaven
Demon Seed
Ice Bound
Sole Survivor
The Neighbour
Darkness Under the Sun
I never hopped on on the Dean Koontz bandwagon, but my better half is happy to let me know I'm wrong. That's a very good price on a whole lotta Koontz!
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #441
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Arcadia Falls by Ken Stark ($0.99)

The first boy vanished without a trace and with just as little fanfare. Even the second disappearance amounted to little more than a few passing remarks and another name skipped over in the classroom roll call. As far as Riverside High and the rest of Arcadia Falls were concerned, it seemed, it was as if nothing had happened at all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bleed Away the Sky by Brian Fatah Steele ($0.99)

EVERY BLOODLINE HAS SECRETS
Audrey Darrow lost her mother when she was a child. Now, her absent father has passed away and Elliot, the half-brother she never knew, wants to connect with the only family he has left on an impromptu cross-country road trip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #442
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbaddude View Post
Arcadia Falls by Ken Stark ($0.99)

The first boy vanished without a trace and with just as little fanfare. Even the second disappearance amounted to little more than a few passing remarks and another name skipped over in the classroom roll call. As far as Riverside High and the rest of Arcadia Falls were concerned, it seemed, it was as if nothing had happened at all.

Bleed Away the Sky by Brian Fatah Steele ($0.99)

EVERY BLOODLINE HAS SECRETS
Audrey Darrow lost her mother when she was a child. Now, her absent father has passed away and Elliot, the half-brother she never knew, wants to connect with the only family he has left on an impromptu cross-country road trip.
Thanks for those. Bleed Away the Sky sounds suspiciously like the first book in yet another urban fantasy series, but for $0.99 I took a gamble.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:44 PM   #443
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Here's a $0.99 book I picked up: The Colony by F.G. Cottam.

I wasn't going to share this one originally as I know very little about it. I have a soft spot for 'missing town' stories and that may impair my judgement.

Quote:
For over a century, the mystery of the New Hope Island vanishing has intrigued and tantalized. How did a community of 150 souls disappear and leave no trace behind?

As abruptly as the crew of the Mary Celeste, they went missing from their lonely Island in the Hebrides without a single clue as to the nature of their departure; doomed to remain an enigma forever.

…Until media magnate Alexander McIntyre decides to harness his prodigious energy and bottomless wealth in solving the New Hope mystery once and for all. He gathers a crack team of experts, sparing no expense in his pursuit of answers.

What they discover is as terrifying as it is inexplicable… Are some mysteries safer left unsolved?
Old 03-25-2019, 06:06 PM   #444
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Here's a $0.99 book I picked up: The Colony by F.G. Cottam.

I wasn't going to share this one originally as I know very little about it. I have a soft spot for 'missing town' stories and that may impair my judgement.

I looked at this and knew nothing about it, except for your mentioning it here.

After looking it over, I decided to buy it.

THANK YOU!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:11 AM   #445
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Paradise, Maine by Jackson R. Thomas ($0.99)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8F2JMJ...v_ov_lig_dp_it

They needed a place to get away from it all... they'll never be coming back.

When Darren and Vanis set out to free themselves from life's anxieties and rekindle their relationship, a trip to the beautiful Maine coast sounds perfect.

The breathtaking views and gorgeous cabin seem like another world. One to get lost in and from which they never want to return. But something has an eye on them.

For Zebulun Ayers, a trip to connect with nature is far more than he ever saw on Man vs. Wild or any other reality TV show. This is the real wild life.

Paradise, Maine is home to a monster rarely seen and one never mentioned, even among locals. The Watcher is waiting.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:31 AM   #446
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbaddude View Post
Paradise, Maine by Jackson R. Thomas ($0.99)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8F2JMJ...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Darren, Vanis and Zebulun?

I did buy the book based on the review comparing the book to a Laymon book. Laymon wrote schlock, but he wrote fun schlock. I'm willing to give another author who is writing in the same style a whirl.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 03-27-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #447
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Loon by Michaelbrent Collings is $0.99 at Amazon.

Trapped in an asylum during a storm! What more do you need to know, really?

Quote:
A doctor who has lost his child. A woman in an abusive relationship. A man who thinks he is god. A madman who lives only to kill. These are the people who will come together and find that they are not alone. Cut off by a freak storm, they will discover the meaning of terror...in The Loon.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:11 PM   #448
radbaddude
Addict

Quote:
Darren, Vanis and Zebulun?

I did buy the book based on the review comparing the book to a Laymon book. Laymon wrote schlock, but he wrote fun schlock. I'm willing to give another author who is writing in the same style a whirl.
Cool man, I did too. Just sharing things I see from the twitter authors/horror bloggers.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:34 PM   #449
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The Loon by Michaelbrent Collings is $0.99 at Amazon.

Trapped in an asylum during a storm! What more do you need to know, really?

I love asylums. I meet a lot of crazy people there. (Not that there's anything wrong with crazy people stuck inside an asylum with slavering remains of dead bodies from the grave cavorting and doing the watusi. Frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way!)
Old 03-28-2019, 12:22 PM   #450
radbaddude
Addict

Stirring the Sheets by Chad Lutzke ($0.99)
https://www.amazon.com/Stirring-Shee...gateway&sr=8-1

An elderly funeral home worker, struggling with the loss of his wife, finds an unnatural attraction to a corpse at work resembling his late bride in her younger years.

A story of desperation, loneliness and letting go.