Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
nightslide
nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Plucker/Sunrise for iPod Touch?

Hi there,
I've made (or am making) the switch from my Palm T3 to an Ipod Touch. I used SunriseXP/Plucker for a long time to get my does of news. I really enjoyed how it would automatically download the info from certain websites every hour, and then sync it to my device whenever I sync'd. Is there anything like it available for the iPod? I've looked at Bookit, but it doesn't seem like it will work on an ongoing process, just as a "Oh, I want to read this one static website" (unless I'm misunderstanding.

Could anyone make some suggestions on something to replace SunriseXP?
An offline reader, that would allow for updated content from a few sites, for viewing offline (again, stressing the idea that it updates automatically).

Thanks for your help!

d
nightslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
The best thing that I've found for the iTouch is the free app from NY Times. You do need to be in a wifi zone and turn it on to update it, but the articles remain for you to read later offline.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
nightslide
nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Thank you for that, but looking at it (and only quickly), it only grabs articles from the NY Times, is that right?
What I'm looking for is one that will allow me to grab achives of different websites (IE, I have one for the Edmonton Oilers, one for BBSpot, one for Calgary Movies, one for Junior Hockey, etc.
Sunrise/Plucker grabs from each of these sites, downloads them, converts them, and then syncs them with my device, so I can view them offline.

I don't think the NY Times one does that, only Times Articles. Any other suggestions? Apologies if I missed something with the program.
nightslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
The best thing that I've found for the iTouch is the free app from NY Times. You do need to be in a wifi zone and turn it on to update it, but the articles remain for you to read later offline.

cheers
That is useful, thank you so much. K on its way
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
btw, i am just starting to use my iTouch. i found the reuters application. and installed it.

I found this page which lists a number of applications for news on App Store

Last edited by beppe; 10-16-2010 at 11:27 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert