Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 05:50 PM   #331
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Have you or anyone else here applied this Update? Any reviews, problems, improvements? Do you know of any other sites, that can be linked, where I can read more about the update? (In English.) At this point I'm not sure if I want to bother with it.

So those two problems just began with this update? Is that correct?

This must be new too, right? Because of the update? Because I have folders in my Books folder with names that are longer than 10 characters, but I haven't applied the new update.
Since you have not updated yet if you scroll down the change log on the update screen is there English after the Chinese? My last Mars update had this and if not please post a pic of the screen so we can see the Chinese one and translate it. I don't see a tweet by boyue talking about this one just the Mars one and Muses.
Malcolm

Edit: if you decide to take it when you download it go your SD root and grab the update file off it so we can have it if needed.

Last edited by rvcjew; 03-25-2019 at 05:54 PM.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #332
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Have you or anyone else here applied this Update? Any reviews, problems, improvements? Do you know of any other sites, that can be linked, where I can read more about the update? (In English.) At this point I'm not sure if I want to bother with it.

So those two problems just began with this update? Is that correct?

This must be new too, right? Because of the update? Because I have folders in my Books folder with names that are longer than 10 characters, but I haven't applied the new update.
update make things worse; navigating with physical button works fine in Likebook Note in bookshelves.

Limitation not changed for folder name in Bookshelves, so issue remain for the 2 devices.
But in Note app no limitation of number of characteres in Likebook Note, contrary to Mimas which lmites than to less 10 characteres.

In reading epub files, Likebook Note overwrite 2 words so il was hard to read, but changing typeset that fix it temporary, i think that issue was not correctly fixed by Boyue developpers, they deleted space beetwen words so changing typeset do nothing and it become harder reading.

Finaly this update v1.0.2-2019032218 make things worse, it creates issues than fix them

Last edited by lems1995; 03-25-2019 at 06:10 PM.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #333
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lems1995 View Post
update make things worse; navigating with physical button works fine in Likebook Note in bookshelves.

Limitation not changed for folder name in Bookshelves, so issue remain for the 2 devices.
But in Note app no limitation of number of characteres in Likebook Note, contrary to Mimas which lmites than to less 10 characteres.

In reading epub files, Likebook Note overwrite 2 words so il was hard to read, but changing typeset that fix it temporary, i think that issue was not correctly fixed by Boyue developpers, they deleted space beetwen words so changing typeset do nothing and it become harder reading.
Okay so I just checked on my Mars and with my V7 update (I don't use the book tab or stock reader) If I select a folder on my device it sees hold on it it will say must rename to less then 10 charters so its definitely broken in that regard but it still can show the folder names so if you use the files app on the device or your own you can rename your folder or create them in that and it will then show the change in the books tab of the launcher. You should tweet at Boyue and let them know that their launcher Book Tab is only allowing interaction of 10 characters for names of files.

Malcolm
Old 03-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #334
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Since you have not updated yet if you scroll down the change log on the update screen is there English after the Chinese? My last Mars update had this and if not please post a pic of the screen so we can see the Chinese one and translate it. I don't see a tweet by boyue talking about this one just the Mars one and Muses.
Malcolm
Here's the screenshot:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Update Screenshot .png
Views:	444
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	170392
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #335
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Here's the screenshot:
Attachment 170392
New folder management must be the downgrade but faster on the backend or something. Still stupid and they need to fix it also the menu options and name of my personal space(had to use google translate) are in Chinese. So clearly was not tested before being greenlit IMO.
Malcolm
Old 03-26-2019, 12:36 AM   #336
jask
jask began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
New Mimas update allows you to change white balance on the frontlight: go to Boyue Appstore, under tools, install the cog/moon icon app, opening it allows you to control the amount of white and orange light independently.
Haven't figured out how to add templates to the notes app (as the update log states), no luck with png or pdf under the template folder, has anyone made it work?
jask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:02 AM   #337
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jask View Post
New Mimas update allows you to change white balance on the frontlight: go to Boyue Appstore, under tools, install the cog/moon icon app, opening it allows you to control the amount of white and orange light independently.
Haven't figured out how to add templates to the notes app (as the update log states), no luck with png or pdf under the template folder, has anyone made it work?
Put this on the Mars and it does work but you have to open the app everytime and it takes over from the notification controls as they think the light is off which means 3rd party apps no longer seem to mix it correctly. Again if they are doing this they should just stick this stuff in the status bar controls to begin with. I have uninstalled the app. Does it function the same way on the mimas?
Malcolm
Old 03-26-2019, 03:11 AM   #338
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Quote:
I try it, it's just useless, you can do that yet, and ajust light in night/day mode, fun for developer and waste of time, they would better do polishing engine renditon on epub, just make rendition epub like real book; that enough for my day!

Last edited by lems1995; 03-26-2019 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #339
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I'm very disappointed of these kind of devices. It has been a lot of years and the user experience isn't as good as expected. And, yet, it has to be proved e-ink screens are less harmful than LCD if you set low the bright of the latest. So, if I don't read outside and don't mind the battery drain, why am I still waiting for large ereaders more tablet alike?

I had better get a tablet.
You are right, but people want tablet with -eink screen, with bad and buggy software to load "a lot of app from play store".
My first ereader was Sony Prs-t2, no manufacturer to day , Onyx Boox, Boyue may be Kindle and others can challenge Sony's devices.
Since Prs-t3 i am looking for a real ereader, it's simple, no difference reading beetwen real paper book and Prs-t2, respect of ebook was made CSS embbeded with service support in process reading (dictionary in your native language embedded, no need to searche in the web what dictionary is suitable).
To day no Onyx Boox, neither Boyue respect the original lay out of book, even not compliant to epub2 standard, contrary to Prs-t2 which was last decade on market.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #340
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Quote:
I try it, it's just useless, you can do that yet, and ajust light in night/day mode, fun for developer and waste of time, they would better do polishing engine renditon on epub, just make rendition epub like real book; that enough for my day!
Dude just calm a little. I think in the last two pages, you told us four times, that the book folders are limited to 10 characters, if you create them from the book drawer. Jet I don't see any tweet on boyues Twitter to notify them about this problem. Just a small hint for live in general: if you want anything to be changed, tell the right people it needs to be changed!
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #341
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks for the info
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #342
lems1995
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy1000 View Post
Dude just calm a little. I think in the last two pages, you told us four times, that the book folders are limited to 10 characters, if you create them from the book drawer. Jet I don't see any tweet on boyues Twitter to notify them about this problem. Just a small hint for live in general: if you want anything to be changed, tell the right people it needs to be changed!
Sorry for posting a lot, i am so desapointed about Mimas, seeing many reviews classify it as the must have device, Likebook Note works better as ereader than Mimas.
I don't know how contact Boyue.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #343
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
...they would better do polishing engine renditon on epub, just make rendition epub like real book; that enough for my day!
That is my biggest complaint, and the most important item on my Likebook Mimas firmware update wishlist!

I want the built-in Boyue OS reading app to render English test properly, like it does in my Boyue T62+. As it is right now, I can't stand to use it and resort to using Alreader instead.

Alreader works great, but because it's not the built-in reader, the books I read with it do not get added to the recently read list on the home screen. (I end up opening my current book/s with the Boyue app to get them listed on the Home screen, but the option to "open once" with Boyue doesn't work and after I do that, Boyue becomes the default for all my books... so I have to change it back again to Alreader. Not a huge deal, but annoying none-the-less.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foro.carlos View Post
I just receive a response from the ereader shop in china and they told me that they are working in the palm rejection feature and improve the PDF experience for the next version.
Unfortunatelly they can't implement the "slideshow" wallpaper ATM but they would take it into consideration for future versions.

Very nice people and very comunicative

Apart from that they asked me to send them any suggestion to improve the firmware.

I just send them a wishlist ...
This was from a while back, but if you're still around Foro.Carlos... could you please pass along my Wishlist to your contact?
My Boyue Likebook Mimas Firmware Update Wishlist:

Reading:
-- Fix punctuation/hyphenation in the Boyue OS reading app!
-- Fix the Open Once/ Open Always bug.
-- Add ability to change light temperature in the Boyue OS reading app.
-- Ability to set different default apps (always open with) for PDF and EPUB.

Notes:
-- Ability to Copy all or part of a page of notes and paste in same or other note.
-- Ability to delete first page of a note when using a template.

Home Page:
-- Ability to remove graph.
-- Ability to remove quote box also, or extend it after removing the graph so that I can least paste a longer quote in a font that is large enough to read!

**** I'm not sure if it's been added with the latest update, but I would like to be able to organize both my books and notes in whatever folder and subfolder structure I would prefer.

Last edited by blue_skies; 03-26-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Punctuation has an 'n', and hyphenation has a second 'h'.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #344
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
My Boyue Likebook Mimas Firmware Update Wishlist:

Reading:
-- Fix puctuation/hypenation in the Boyue OS reading app!
-- Fix the Open Once/ Open Always bug.
-- Add ability to change light temperature in the Boyue OS reading app.
-- Ability to set different default apps (always open with) for PDF and EPUB.

Notes:
-- Ability to Copy all or part of a page of notes and paste in same or other note.
-- Ability to delete first page of a note when using a template.

Home Page:
-- Ability to remove graph.
-- Ability to remove quote box also, or extend it after removing the graph so that I can least paste a longer quote in a font that is large enough to read!

**** I'm not sure if it's been added with the latest update, but I would like to be able to organize both my books and notes in whatever folder and subfolder structure I would prefer.
You can set the apps to be opened with other apps from a file manger but the launcher is designed to only open it in the stock app if you pick from there. The stock launcher is just very basic, Hopefully they take your wants into consideration I have installed nova launcher on my Mars now to see how big of a hit it will take on battery and so far its been way better for everything i need off it, but I don't use any of the stock apps to begin with so YMMV. Relaunch X can also I think track book progress and launch them in whatever you want and is from this forum as another launcher replacement made for eink, I don't know how that will work with the notes aspect though.

Malcolm
Old 03-28-2019, 11:56 PM   #345
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
Mimas sucks_unless you want ONLY a note-taker, do not buy.

As soon as the new Sony comes out I'm selling this shitty Mimas and going back to Sony. The Mimas lags, is slow, and completely useless with PDFs.
Don't waste your money.
Phil
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote