Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
PocketBook InkPad 3 SmartLight handling

I know there is no koreader developer owning a PocketBook device. That is really sad. Actually it is the easiest to install koreader on a PB, it is simply a copy-paste, no need jailbreaking or kfmon or stuff.

Isn't that possible to add SmartLight somehow to the frontlight dialog somehow anyway? As I remember seeing it, somebody compiled a CoolReader version especially for InkPad 3, with SMARTlight handling funcionality. Can it be checked how it was done and add it to koreader too?

Also a bit strange that on PB each action requires 1-3 additional touch to make it happen. Also, once in a while koreader freezes and the reader should be restarted. I know these are bugs but I am not sure if it is meaningful at all to create a new thread for it, if nobody could chase the issues...

Last edited by LittleBiG; 08-08-2019 at 03:46 AM.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
LittleBiG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
Also a bit strange that on PB each action requires 1-3 additional touch
I have found the answer:
This is most probably the well-known issue with lack of auto-suspension
support (#3561). Any actions taking more than 1.5 seconds like opening a book, looking up into a dictionary may lead to a freeze that is cured with tapping/clicking.
Advert
Old 08-09-2019, 03:55 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Also note that a partial workaround is available in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3540

You could try installing that plugin and reporting back what effect it has if you're not afraid to potentially waste a few minutes experimenting.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:23 AM   #4
LittleBiG
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Also note that a partial workaround is available in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3540

You could try installing that plugin and reporting back what effect it has if you're not afraid to potentially waste a few minutes experimenting.
Unfortunately the instructions I could find there were insufficient for me to be able to add the plugin to my existing KOReader instance. :-(

By the way, aren't you planning to make the Smartlight work on Pocketbook then?
Old 08-30-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
By the way, aren't you planning to make the Smartlight work on Pocketbook then?
Nobody without the device will implement that or any other unimplemented pocketbook functions.

We need to wait until somebody with a pocketbook joins KOReader dev effort and make some progress on any of the pocketbook issues.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2019, 07:54 AM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
None of the active contributors own a PocketBook device I'm afraid, so as far as PB-specific features go there's not much that can be done.

Edit: pardon me, I opened this tab a half hour ago.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote