Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #1
millan
Enthusiast
millan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question How to format pubdate so I only get year in the catalog output please?

How to format pubdate so I only get year in the catalog output please?

not like:
PHP Code:
'2014-03-04T00:00:00+02:00
'
2003-05-13T00:00:00+03:00 
I want just :
etc

Thank you in advance
millan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:12 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From ===>>> The calibre template language — Using functions in templates

{pubdate:format_date(yyyy)}

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-07-2014 at 06:14 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
millan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
From ===>>> The calibre template language — Using functions in templates

BR
Thank you for your prompt reply, BetterRed

I don't even know where to start.

The page link has 19 page of info and doesn't tell me where the editing template is, if there's one

Would you please tell me step by step how to get to functions in templates such as:

1) Go to "Preferences"
2) do this in "change calibre behavior"
3) do that in "import/export"
Old 10-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
By 'Catalog output' you mean the one created using the right click option on the conversion icon?

or do you mean 'On the Spreadsheet' view? Preferences: Tweaks: (it is one of the Date format tweaks
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
millan
Enthusiast

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
By 'Catalog output' you mean the one created using the right click option on the conversion icon?

or do you mean 'On the Spreadsheet' view? Preferences: Tweaks: (it is one of the Date format tweaks
on the Spreadsheet output, I get long pubdate like:

Code:
'2003-05-13T00:00:00+03:00
and I'd like to have like:
Code:
since I have more than few hundred book/articles list and growing every so often which also means I update the catalog output so often, I need a permanent solution if possible in the output file which I then save .xls as html and search the contents via that html file
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by millan View Post
on the Spreadsheet output, I get long pubdate like:

Code:
'2003-05-13T00:00:00+03:00
and I'd like to have like:
Code:
since I have more than few hundred book/articles list and growing every so often which also means I update the catalog output so often, I need a permanent solution if possible in the output file which I then save .xls as html and search the contents via that html file
you must be using the CSV output of the Catalog out.
That is a 'timestamp' format

You will probably have to clean it up using the substring function of your spreadsheet.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #7
millan
Enthusiast

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
you must be using the CSV output of the Catalog out.
That is a 'timestamp' format

You will probably have to clean it up using the substring function of your spreadsheet.
There are hundreds of hundreds lines "to be cleaned"

I'm trying to avoid that.

Any other options like editing the output template or something please?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Create a new custom column "built from other columns" (not like tags). Set the template for that column to what BetterRed suggested:
Code:
Then export that column instead of pubdate
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@millan - chaley beat me to it

But my bad I should have deduced you were referring to a CSV catalogue

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-08-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: ack chaley
Old 10-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #10
millan
Enthusiast

Arrow

Thank you all again.
I think I'll be able to start doing it.
Would you please tell me how to get to the interface for the below point please:

Code:
Create a new custom column "built from other columns"
Old 10-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millan View Post
Thank you all again.
I think I'll be able to start doing it.
Would you please tell me how to get to the interface for the below point please:

Code:
Create a new custom column "built from other columns"
@millan - see attachment

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	826
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	129442  
Old 10-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #12
millan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@millan - see attachment

BR
Thank you the perfect visual, BetterRed

All the best from an ex Sydney, NSW Resident
Old 10-31-2014, 02:47 AM   #13
millan
Enthusiast

It was working Ok.
I have checked it today
some of the items under Year Published Column comes up as "BAD DATE" as shown below.

Any solution please?

Last edited by millan; 10-31-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:06 AM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@millan - could you put the database published date into the book list alongside your Year Published - right click column headings and select Show Column->Published, and post a screen shot showing both.

Also have a look at the Published Date in Metadata edit for one of those BAD DATE's

I suspect the Year Published template needs to be adjusted to cope with undefined dates or something like that

BR
Old 10-31-2014, 03:33 AM   #15
millan
Enthusiast

Thank you for your prompt response BetterRed

I added the published date into the book list alongside my Year Published -

had a look at the Published Date in Metadata changed the days of the month for one of those BAD DATE's

I have even deleted the Year Published column and recreated again

Do you think it might be something to do with my installation of the Calibre's new update I have installed today?

posting the screen shot showing both