Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #22531
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
..... One bag for me and one for my wife, kept right beside the bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I know about you sleeping on the futons. when you say your kit is under your bed,
KK... have you been sneakin' out behind the barn with the Mason jar again? Didn't I learn ya to read better'n thet?

Being as tender as I am, I would feel a pea placed under several futons...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #22532
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
KK... have you been sneakin' out behind the barn with the Mason jar again? Didn't I learn ya to read better'n thet?

Being as tender as I am, I would feel a pea placed under several futons...

Stitchawl
There you go, peaing the bed again. You should get that fixed, man.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #22533
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyU0P6iqyw4 )

With all the tragedy in the world today, perhaps it's time to spend more effort teaching our kids the value of life.

Good morning, all! Monday morning, and off to the bike shop for a semi-annual check-up. I have Keemun tea, home-made flatbread with za'attar and olive oil on top to energize me, but the REAL energy boost came when I got on the scale this morning! I planned to bust the 84kg mark this weekend and I did it! 83.4kg! YIPPEE! But... can I reach 82kg before New Years? Hmmmmm..... Push the bar... Push the bar... Push the bar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
There you go, peaing the bed again. You should get that fixed, man.
It's preferable to cracker crumbs, and certainly warmer.

Stitchawl
Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #22534
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

It's preferable to cracker crumbs, and certainly warmer.

Stitchawl
!!! that's my total eval bit! whether to kick them out of bed over cracker crumbs or not!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #22535
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
!!! that's my total eval bit! whether to kick them out of bed over cracker crumbs or not!
KK... with you wearing that Christmas outfit, it would take one heck of a kick to move anyone who's still got a heartbeat out of bed!

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #22536
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Glass of Woodford. Two soapstones and a drop of water.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #22537
Stitchawl
Opsimath

We're about the leave the house to head for my favorite (in the World!) Mexican restaurant for my annual dinner. Tuesday is my birthday, and it's our family tradition that we go to our favorite restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately, my choice is closed tomorrow (Tuesday) so we're going tonight! But fortunately, my favorite restaurant happens to be about 5km from our house! (My wife's favorite is a Turkish restaurant in Singapore, but that's as good a reason as any to go!)

This is also the one night of the year where I allow myself to drink myself stupid with Margaritas. I order a pitcher of frozen Margaritas and usually finish it. My wife is the designated driver who also has to maneuver me to the car. There is a good chance I won't be making my usual early morning post tomorrow...
(this picture is from last year's dinner)

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tequila1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	97800  
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #22538
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Good morning, all! Monday morning, and off to the bike shop for a semi-annual check-up. I have Keemun tea, home-made flatbread with za'attar and olive oil on top to energize me, but the REAL energy boost came when I got on the scale this morning! I planned to bust the 84kg mark this weekend and I did it! 83.4kg! YIPPEE! But... can I reach 82kg before New Years? Hmmmmm..... Push the bar... Push the bar... Push the bar....
Well done. I doubt I'm going to make any futher inroads into my diet, given the time of year, though I do intend to keep up the fasting through the festive period. That will be balanced by days of inevitable over-indulgence, however, so the best I am hoping for is to maintain.

Quote:
We're about the leave the house to head for my favorite (in the World!) Mexican restaurant for my annual dinner. Tuesday is my birthday, and it's our family tradition that we go to our favorite restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately, my choice is closed tomorrow (Tuesday) so we're going tonight! But fortunately, my favorite restaurant happens to be about 5km from our house! (My wife's favorite is a Turkish restaurant in Singapore, but that's as good a reason as any to go!)

This is also the one night of the year where I allow myself to drink myself stupid with Margaritas. I order a pitcher of frozen Margaritas and usually finish it. My wife is the designated driver who also has to maneuver me to the car. There is a good chance I won't be making my usual early morning post tomorrow...
Happy birthday for Tuesday. It's mine this month too (New Year's Eve Eve), and I too have a history of suffering the next day after making too merry with the libations. So bad, sometimes, that I see New Year in without touching a drink, as I just can't face it . THIS year will be different, however...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #22539
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
Glass of Woodford. Two soapstones and a drop of water.
I don't have a clue what you've posted. If I had to guess, it's a whiskey or some other desirable liquor and two soapstones is perhaps the volume? Soapstones??
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #22540
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water in my cup. I have had two cups of Golden Monjey from Teavana today. I cannot wait for my Dad to arrive, he will help me clear through my back log of teas and then I can order the good stuff again. Well, my favorite good stuff. The stuff I have is good, its just not my favorite.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #22541
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe that the soap stones are used like ice. You can freeze them so they keep your whiskey cold without watering it down like when you use ice cubes.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #22542
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
HAVE NO FEAR! JELLO WILL SAVE US FROM 12-21-12!

Last edited by VydorScope; 12-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #22543
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Working on some Copper Knot Hongcha from Teavana. Not bad. Five Guys for lunch today. Sooo yummy and yet soooooo bad for me.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #22544
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Chocolate Macadamia coffee in my cup while I sort through the bills to get paid and mailed. Yes, I still pay some by check as they go through a different account than the online bills.

Cold and rainy today; perfect day to curl up and read.. if I didn't have to do that pesky thing called work, so I can pay my bills.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #22545
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Marks and Spencer Extra StrongTea. Pretty good for an own brand!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?