Notices

View Poll Results: How to proceed with serious off-topic discussions
Add a new section "Salon" under Miscellaneous 89 80.91%
Add a new thread prefix "Keep it Sensible" to the Lounge 21 19.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #181
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
My sentiments exactly...
Normally I would do as I usually do; sign in, read the posts etc., maybe leave a comment or whatever and then log off. Also, get help if I had a problem.

I voted for No.1 for my own reasons (as did others), and I must admit that I feel some sadness as to how it has degenerated into a schoolyard squabble with the usual players.

I didn't realise that there was a 'pecking' order at MR. The tenor of some of posts can only be described as 'mild bullying' which surely is not the aim of MR? Animal Farm comes to mind.

I sincerely hope that this can be sorted out as soon as possible.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 AM   #182
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thank you, shorty, for defending me. I know WDE didn't mean it personally, and yes, I can't figure out why the 'request' mode isn't being seriously considered.

However, the deed is done, as they say, and we all need to move on and not waste any more time arguing. Lets just look forward to some of these conversations that are sure to evolve.......

Absolutely! Like you, I can't wait to see what topics are generated for on-topic discussions!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 AM   #183
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Normally I would do as I usually do; sign in, read the posts etc., maybe leave a comment or whatever and then log off. Also, get help if I had a problem.

I voted for No.1 for my own reasons (as did others), and I must admit that I feel some sadness as to how it has degenerated into a schoolyard squabble with the usual players.

I didn't realise that there was a 'pecking' order at MR. The tenor of some of posts can only be described as 'mild bullying' which surely is not the aim of MR? Animal Farm comes to mind.

I sincerely hope that this can be sorted out as soon as possible.

Most of us are indeed moving on. Of course, there will occasionally be the snide remark, or an implied subtext. However, I feel those doing so will soon feel ostracized from the "healthy" environment inherent in most of MobileRead's personality - and those kinds of posts will become (I feel) less and less, and finally less and less appreciated by the majority of the community here.

The Lounge will not change one bit, unless the participants in the Lounge decide to make a change via their posts. The Lounge is a place where many people are very, very happy. I encourage you to go there, visit, and post if you have an inclination. I encourage you to post in ANY forum of your choice.

Right now, as mentioned, the new Forum is in the process of being implemented, a name created, and a tag line describing it - one which in no way will demean the Lounge which remains intact, undisturbed, and robust as usual.

Don
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 AM   #184
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Absolutely! Like you, I can't wait to see what topics are generated for on-topic discussions!
Has the new forum been named?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 AM   #185
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Has the new forum been named?

To my knowledge, no. However, the Forum is scheduled to come up sometime today.

Contributions for names have been made, but which one (if any of those) is decided upon, I don't know.

Please offer suggestions if you have some.

Don
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 06:24 AM   #186
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I suggest "The Forum."
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #187
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I suggest "The Forum."

Or perhaps just "Forum."

Don
Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #188
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I could still ask for it to go back on topic. It might be harder for that to be achieved, admittedly, but one could still ask
Please explain how 10 posts on topic and 100 posts off topic can get on topic so new readers can read the thread from the beginning without splitting the thread (which moderators do not do in this forum).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #189
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
We've been known to split threads at the request of members.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #190
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
We've been known to split threads at the request of members.
That's the split infinitive clause, isn't it? Sorry

I'm gonna leave now before you split my infinitive.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #191
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
For those that didn't notice, "The Conservatory" is now open for your posting pleasure.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195

Thanks for all your votes and comments.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #192
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
For those that didn't notice, "The Conservatory" is now open for your posting pleasure.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195

Thanks for all your votes and comments.

BOb
Superb.
I am unsubscribing from Lounge and subsribing for The Conservatory.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #193
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Superb.
I am unsubscribing from Lounge and subsribing for The Conservatory.
New posts subscription is automatic for the conservatory. I intend to monitor both.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:33 AM   #194
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
New posts subscription is automatic for the conservatory. I intend to monitor both.

WDE.
Ditto. One doesn't exclude the other.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 AM   #195
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I see the world has moved on whilst I've been otherwise occupied.

Conservatory .... Interesting choice of name ... I like it !!!

a school giving instruction in one or more of the fine or dramatic arts; specifically, a school of music or a place where chocolate can be eaten safely....

a greenhouse, usually attached to a dwelling, for growing and displaying plants, or roasting occupants in the summer months and freezing them in the winter ...

a place where things are preserved; let's hope we don't all become mummys .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote