Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
FBReader .10.2 for the DR1000 Release

This is the most recent version of FBReader compiled for the DR1000. The most notable changes since the previous version are improvements to ePub and Mobipocket support along with CSS support for ePub. You can view the full change log at fbreader.org.

If you previously have FBReader installed on your DR1000, delete the _fbreader folder in the Programs directory before copying this over.

If you do not have FBReader installed, you'll need to simply copy the Programs folder to the root of your SD card. You can then browse to Programs on your DR1000, and launch FBReader from there.

I also recommend downloading the updated contentbrowser, so that you can launch books directly from the contentbrowser without having to use FBReader library function.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FBReader.10.2.zip (1.92 MB, 1904 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
Thanks for the update!
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
windspeedo
Enthusiast
windspeedo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000, Kindle 3G, Kobo Glo
Thanks Adam.
My DR1000 works well with FBReader 0.8.17. But the FBReader .10.2 auto quit while "loading books...".
Maybe I have put too many books on the SD card. And Chinese directories and filenames?
But FBReader 0.8.17 works well.
windspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by windspeedo View Post
Thanks Adam.
My DR1000 works well with FBReader 0.8.17. But the FBReader .10.2 auto quit while "loading books...".
Maybe I have put too many books on the SD card. And Chinese directories and filenames?
But FBReader 0.8.17 works well.
Open the .FBReader/options.xml in notepad on your computer.

Edit the line:
Code:
<option name="ScanSubdirs" value="true"/>
So that it's
Code:
<option name="ScanSubdirs" value="false"/>
This will prevent it from scannning your memory card for books when you bring up the library. There's likely a bug in the new version that's causing the crash with either too many books or unknown characters.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
windspeedo
Enthusiast
windspeedo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000, Kindle 3G, Kobo Glo
Thanks Adam.
windspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
This is the most recent version of FBReader compiled for the DR1000.
There is version 10.3 already. Could you also build FBReader with /usr prefix to run it from the internal flash memory. It would help to be able to read documents from multiple cards without having to install FBReader >10 times.

I would also appreciate a howto for building FBreader for DR1000 (excluding standard toolchain setup), because I am able to patch and rebuild ctb, but FBreader fails without libraries and some of them (e.g. libcurl) are more difficult to cross-compile.

Last edited by Viacheslav; 02-07-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I've received my DR1000 and my next task after upgrading to 1.5 has been install the FBRreader and the contentlister patch...

It works perfect, but I find the screen a lot wide. For the hackers that read this, it will be a very very very great thing to add an option to read in two or more columns.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
I find the screen a lot wide. For the hackers that read this, it will be a very very very great thing to add an option to read in two or more columns.
Two columns isn't currently available, but you can make the margins wider if you want less text per line.

FBReader 0.10 includes updates for netbooks, e.g. with (optionally) a scrollbar on the right rather than a progress bar at the bottom. This has not resulted in a 2 column text mode, but netbooks could certainly make use of such an option.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Two columns isn't currently available, but you can make the margins wider if you want less text per line.
Yes, but my idea of reading normal literature in a big screen is to have the page full of text and do the less turn pages.

Other thing is technical books, for those kind of books DR is perfect.

I've downloaded fbreader source code, but it seems very difficult to add two (or three) column mode if you arent comfortable with program source. If I had more free time I will try to do...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:25 AM   #10
donkey rider
donkey rider began at the beginning.

Device: DR-1000S
Is it possible to view .rtf files in Windows-1250 encoding? In _fbreader\share\zlibrary\encodings\Encodings.xml file I found section:
<encoding region="Central European" name="windows-1250">
<code number="1250"/>
</encoding>
but in fbReader the only available encoding for Central Europe is ISO-8859-2.
donkey rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey rider View Post
Is it possible to view .rtf files in Windows-1250 encoding?
I don't have a DR1000, but under Ubuntu Windows-1250 is available, see the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FBR.png
Views:	736
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	23543  
Old 02-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #12
donkey rider

I know that PC versions (I tested Windows and Linux ones) support Windows-1250 codepage. I would like to know if DR-1000 port supports it too.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
wallcraft
reader

I mentioned the Ubuntu version because, in principle, the DR1000 version is the Linux Desktop version.

This seems to be a problem with iconv. The GNU version is supposed to include windows-1250 by default, so I'm not sure what the DR1000 is using.

If you want to fix this yourself, FBReader also includes a table lookup translation option. What might work is to add a windows-1250 file to the zlibrary/encodings directory. Use one of the existing files as a guide to the needed format and get the mapping to Unicode from one of the "external links" at Windows-1250. I don't know for sure that this will work though.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #14
donkey rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The GNU version is supposed to include windows-1250 by default, so I'm not sure what the DR1000 is using.
I found out that too and this is the reason for my question.

Anyways, thanks for the tip. In some free time I will try to make Windows-1250 mapping.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
donkey rider

Making custom mapping file solved the problem.
I attach the one I made. Maybe it will be useful for someone. To "install" the mapping you have to extract the file to _fbreader\share\zlibrary\encodings\. After that Windows-1250 mapping will be available in fbReader.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows-1250.zip (791 Bytes, 604 views)

Tags
fbreader, software