Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
barnetda
barnetda began at the beginning.

Can i activate the reader in the UK

Hi

I am going to buy a reader from B and H.
A quick question will i be able to activate to the connect store from the uk?

Many thanks
barnetda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Download the software.

Setup an account.

When asked if you are in the USA, lie and say yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'm in Wales.
I did exactly what Nate suggested and it works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Download the software.

Setup an account.

When asked if you are in the USA, lie and say yes.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A slight clarification to the above.

Doing what is described above will allow you to use your $50 (or whatever it is) credit in the Connect Store, but you won't be able to spend any more; doing so requires a credit card whose billing address has to be in the US.

If you do want to spend more in the Connect Store, the only way to do so is to use Connect Gift Certificates. There are people in this forum, such as "Leaping Gnome", who very kindly offer to buy these for people outside the US in return for PayPal payment. Send him a PM if you're interested.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:26 AM   #5
barnetda

Great info . thank you.

one of my family actually has a us cc so i will use that. i thought the $50 credit had expired?

thanks
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 03:44 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There always seems to be some offer or other on. I believe the current offer is for $199 in "classics".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:50 AM   #7
barnetda

thanks Harry

much appreciated.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Yep, just send me a PM if you want to purchase some Connect credit. I am regularly doing it for multiple members a week. Probably Sony's best Connect customer, I've bought thousands of dollars of gift codes.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
barnetda

thanks very much. will do.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #10
bluelight
bluelight began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
ahh that's nice XD that would be handy.
bluelight is offline   Reply With Quote