Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
MOBI to Sony Reader - Help please.

I just ordered a Sony Reader 505. Because of various coupons, etc, I was able to get it for $161 US. I could not pass up the deal.

Many of the books that I have read or plan to are in MOBI. Can someone please point me in the right direction for best way to convert MOBI to read on the Sony.

Thanks in advance.
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i don't have a sony but have you taken a look at calibre ? i believe it can do that (among other things). and there are plenty of sony owners to help you out, if you have questions.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
calibre can convert non-DRM mobi format books quite nicely for the Sony, removing the DRM is possible but is only legal in some countries.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like Calibre is the way to do it.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I just ordered a Sony Reader 505. Because of various coupons, etc, I was able to get it for $161 US. I could not pass up the deal.
If you get one for me, I'll give you 200$...

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
nobicus
nobicus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
I have just converted three books from mobi to Sony using calibre. If you get the message that the file has a DRM that needs to be removed using third party tools check my correspondence earlier this week in the same forum.
nobicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
daesdaemar
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobicus View Post
I have just converted three books from mobi to Sony using calibre. If you get the message that the file has a DRM that needs to be removed using third party tools check my correspondence earlier this week in the same forum.
Yes, I have done now converted 5 books quite nicely. Thank you.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
daesdaemar
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
If you get one for me, I'll give you 200$...

Unfortunately I had a personal gift card that I used and I can't duplicate that same offer again...