Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
tph
tph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy azw3 comic not rendering

I have an azw3 file for a comic, which displays normally in the Kindle app on my phone. When I load it into Calibre I find a bunch of non-pages (I hit page down and the display is white, page number doesn't increment, but if I do it enough times I get to the next page) and I find some corrupted pages (display all black or with a partial image.

I am at a loss on how to handle this. Any guidance could help.

Calibre 1.25.0 on Ubuntu.
tph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
tph
tph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Same happens on Calibre 3.4

I could see the blank pages being due to Amazon's panel mode doing something strange, but the corrupted pages?
tph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@tph- try reading in a different program - preferably one from Amazon. Some Kindle formats have unbreakable DRM and other hindrances to reading their books.

If you find one, use calibre's Open With feature to view it from calibre GUI. It's in View->View specific format, select AZW3, click Open With button (bottom left).

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:34 PM   #4
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7, Fire 5th Gen
Comics in AZW3 format use a fixed layout that is proprietary to Amazon and not supported by calibre.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your best bet is to simply opent h azw3 file in the calibre editor selecta ll the images files, rght click and export them to a folder on your computer and zip that folder up into a cbz file, which calibre (and other software) can convert/view.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert