Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur
jayp2013mobile began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wi-Fi
Stuck with Calibre 3.1.1

I have tried to update from 3.1.1 to 3.2.1 and later to 3.3.0 but when I hook up my Kindle Fire tablet both these later versions go through the motions and then hang up without completing the link.

Am I missing something ?
jayp2013mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

even 3.1.1 is unstable

On occasion, rehooking the Fire tablet to computer via USB cause Calibre 3.1.1 to shut down.

Shutting down the tablet, restarting first Calibre 3.1.1 and then the tablet allow rehooking successfully.

Any idea ?
Old 07-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Have you tried plugging in the Fire to the computer and then running Calibre?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

Yes but without any change in the results.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try resetting your Fire tablet. There haven;t been any changes to the MTP driver in calibre in many years.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

Do you mean do a factory reset ?

I believe this would mean losing all sub-collections I have set up or am I wrong on that point ?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeaha reset would wipe out any data on the device. If you dont want to do that, you can always use one of the wireless conenction methods instead, see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
Old 07-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #8
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

So I should forget doing transferring my ebooks via USB cable ?
Old 07-09-2017, 08:10 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

UNless you are willing to reset your device, yeah, there is no way for me to fix this problem given that I cannot reproduce it.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:35 AM   #10
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

I have installed the Calibre Companion apps on my Kindle Fire. Any suggestion on the best way to move to wireless connection ?
Old 07-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #11
chaley
CC Android Developer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp2013mobile View Post
I have installed the Calibre Companion apps on my Kindle Fire. Any suggestion on the best way to move to wireless connection ?
Use CC's wireless device. See our FAQ How do I setup Calibre Companion to connect to calibre? If you have more questions about using CC, please post in the CC dedicated forum.

Last edited by chaley; 07-10-2017 at 07:52 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #12
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

unstuck from 3.1.1 to 3.4.0

Just updated to 3.4.0 and it now connects.