Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
paul55391
Enthusiast
paul55391 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
How to delete book downloaded by Content Server?

I have been unable to get rid of a book downloaded (using Content Server) from my calibre library. I don't want to delete it from my calibre library, just from the set of books I've downloaded to my computer.

I have a Mac running OS 10.12.5.

Last edited by paul55391; 07-15-2017 at 11:24 AM.
paul55391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open the book, access the controls, tap delete book
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #3
paul55391
Enthusiast

There are no controls.

Here's the situation: I have a MacBook Pro running the Safari browser. I have a Mac mini in my home network where I am running the calibre Content Server.

In the browser I can click on the book to "Continue Reading". I can then read the book. No controls are visible. To stop reading I need to use the browser back button (<).

There are no visible controls.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
paul55391
Enthusiast

I just tried the Chrome browser. I'm seeing a totally different set of screens. Totally different from Safari. I will study the problem and try to better formulate its statement.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@paul55391 - the new server makes of browser storage (indexedDB) to persist transactional data between sessions, which probably explains why you see different things Safari and Chrome.

And the full features of new server are only accessible on so-called 'modern' browsers (those that are HTML5 feature rich). FX: I know that includes recent releases of Chrome and Firefox, but not Edge - and I'm not sure about OSX Safari.

IIRC it's documented in the Content Server section of the calibre User Manual

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are using a desktop browser, then you click on the top margin or right click to get the controls.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote