Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
vminniti
vminniti doesn't littervminniti doesn't litter

Device: none
New to the group..

Hi all, my name is Vince Minniti and am very excited to have joined this site. I look forward to participating and learning more about everyone.

I am have just finished my debut book and I invite all of you to take a peak at it if you wish..

Thanks and good luck and blessings to all!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cm_cd_asin_lnk

Last edited by vminniti; 09-06-2010 at 02:47 PM.
vminniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Why start your introduction in the first person, and then follow up with two paragraphs in third person narrative - even if they are copied from your books blurb?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
vminniti

Gotcha, thanks for pointing that out.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What's wrong with saying I and me ?
Old 09-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Tip to authors: never refer to your own work as "unique."
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
vminniti

I see what you're both saying, thanks for pointing that out; I've made the changes..

Last edited by vminniti; 09-06-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vminniti View Post
geez, tough crowd
Never mind......keep posting and you'll do just fine.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
geez, tough crowd
Dear Vincenzo

I am happy to see you here at the Mobileread, the best discussion forum for mobile reading.

Recently we have seen quite a few authors to come here, post a promotion about some book and disappear. We have had quite a few heated discussions about the subject. On the other hand we have authors here that are part of community and they get help, advice, encouragement, promotion of their works, meaningful discussions about their books ...

We love to *discuss* anything related to reading on our mobile devices. We love when authors come here and engage in a discussion. When then they ask about formats, or devices, or when they discuss the art of writing with their fellow authors.
What the previous posters are trying to say is that a Copy and Paste of the blurb straight form the Amazon page is not discussion.
If you came here and said something like this:
Hi everybody, I have just recently discovered this great forum and I am excited ....
My name is Vincenzo Minniti. I am the first generation Italian American born and raised in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Having immigrant parents from Italy, I was ...

This way we might feel that you came here to discuss and engage in our community and not just do some "drive by" marketing.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
vminniti

ahh I see! I am a total newb and I apologize for not knowing the appropriate protocol. I actually am very excited to have joined this site and look forward to participating. I will reconstruct my post, thanks very much!!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
We're sometimes a tough crowd, but we're mostly lovable.

Welcome to MobileRead, vminniti....and remember:

HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #11
vminniti

Ha, Thank you kind Doctor!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
MOSTLY? I resemble that remark!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #13
GeoffC

Quote:
ahh I see! I am a total newb and I apologize for not knowing the appropriate protocol. I actually am very excited to have joined this site and look forward to participating. I will reconstruct my post, thanks very much!!
Being a newb and appropriate protocol is not what I was trying to help you with. This was you introducing yourself in the third person narrative, rather than following the example that kacir suggested.

Not to worry, we don't bite, just try our best as the good Doctor said (mostly).

Hope to see you joining in, as well as planning your next book.

[sheesh there have been so many edits in this thread, it has morphed away all the reasons for posting in here !]
Old 09-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #14
vminniti

Point well taken, thank you.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #15
vminniti

My debut book

Hi all; I really enjoy this forum and am pleased to announce my debut self improvement book is available on Kindle and also in print. Thanks and blessings to you all!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...inniti&h=624fa