Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
McIntyre, John T.: Ashton-Kirk Criminologist, v. 1.01, 15 Mar 2010

John T. McIntyre's (1871-1951) early mystery stories about Ashton-Kirk were stories about a gentleman amateur detective, similar to Peter Wimsey but American. Later he wrote several mysteries under the pseudonym of Kerry O'Neil. 'Ashton Kirk Criminologist' was first published in 1918.

excerpt:
Ashton-Kirk smiled. "I wonder," said he, "if you have ever read an engaging little volume called 'A Book of Scoundrels.' No? Well, I was afraid that would be so. And you have missed a treat. However, I suppose we can't expect every one to enthuse over such things. It has been said of music that the ability to appreciate it is only second to that of being able to produce it. And this must also be true in the case of crime."

Version 1.01 - corrected author name on book cover.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Aston-Kirk Criminologist.epub (1.64 MB, 451 views)

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-16-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: changes to description
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I think his name is Ashton-Kirk.

Great illustrations. I've not seen them before.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
file name

You're right - I didn't notice that in my misnaming of the file, but can't change it easily now because then there would be two epubs in place of one. I had noticed it in the description and changed that. Thanks for the information!

The illustrations are from the Project Gutenberg epub of the book. I thought PG did a very nice job of editing them for the ebook. Many times the original scans are too dark and need to be adjusted.

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-16-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added info
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote