Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher
cyberbaffled began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
introducing graphics into mobi file

My Mobipocket Creater strips graphics from my files; irrespective whether the "build" is on a .doc or .htm file. Anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening or restore the graphics in the prc/opf file?
cyberbaffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Do your files have an .xhtml file extension? Try with .html
Make sure that the links to the files specify a path local to your computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbaffled View Post
My Mobipocket Creater strips graphics from my files; irrespective whether the "build" is on a .doc or .htm file. Anyone know of a way to prevent this from happening or restore the graphics in the prc/opf file?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you copied the image files to the same directory as the HTML file?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher

The file is html and the image files are on my C: drive but HarryT in response following yours suggests the image files be in the same directory; and that they aren't.

Thanks for your ideas.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher

As I just wrote to PDurrant, I'm trying your idea of putting the image files in the same directory.

Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
When importing HTML sometimes Mobi Creator will grab the linked images itself and sometimes I have to copy then to the books folder in My Publications myself. At least that's how it's worked for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:25 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
The file is html and the image files are on my C: drive but HarryT in response following yours suggests the image files be in the same directory; and that they aren't.

Thanks for your ideas.
Are you getting errors in the Mobi Creator build stage? If it can't find image files, for example, it will say so it its error log.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #8
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher

The xhtml and image files are in the same directory, but in the "build details" Mobi is looking for the image file in My Documents. I have some experimenting to perform to discover how that is possible.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #9
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher

If Mobi looks for both the xhtml file and the image file in My Publications then I have to export (from InDesign) the ePub file generating the xhtml file and linked folder to My Publications to begin with. I have some experimenting to accomplish.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I have to export (from InDesign) the ePub file
The ePub will include the images. Calibre can convert the ePub to MOBI, so can Windows MobiPocket Reader. For MobiPocket Creator, you need to rename the .epub as .zip and unzip it. Then start Creator on the .opf file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #11
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher

Thanks. Will try when I resume work on this problem.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher

Wallcraft,

Calibre converts ePub format to Mobi format but strips graphical images the same as MobiCreator. MobiCreator will not open a .opf file.