Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

How To Enable the Android Market in the Google Android Emulator

The link to directions to enable market on the emulator.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21862...roid-emulator/

Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
pat.indie
Edge User

Thanks Cheyenne.

I found out that all of the apps (except those marked private) work if you use the same Gmail address to register both your emulator Gmail account and your Edge.

Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Snepscheut
Edge User

pat.Indie,

Could you please explain what you mean exactly and how you do it?
Is it possible to use Google calendar?

Thanks

Old 07-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Eddy R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat.indie View Post
Thanks Cheyenne. I found out that all of the apps (except those marked private) work if you use the same Gmail address to register both your emulator Gmail account and your Edge.
".... and your Edge."??? All working great on desktop. Don't know how to put on edge... If that is what you mean?

Cheyenne, Well, umm, uh, gee, ...Thanks ...again.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy R View Post
".... and your Edge."??? All working great on desktop. Don't know how to put on edge... If that is what you mean?

Cheyenne, Well, umm, uh, gee, ...Thanks ...again.
Since I have an Android phone, I have not bothered to set up the emulator. You should be able to use a file manager like ES or Astro to backup apps that you installed on the emulator, that will give you access to the apk file for non protected apps. Now just transfer that apk to your edge and install.

Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
Eddy R
Edge User

Using "Free" es did not work(me?). Downloaded Astro. Backedup to 'sd'. Copied to edge\downIoad. lnstalled full screen.

Affer a quick visit to 'Gutenberg' I spent an enjoyable afternoon cutting grass,etc.,... While listening to Wordplayer read 'Tarzan'. (on the phone)

Thanks ...again.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Great! Glad I could help.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
pat.indie
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut View Post
pat.Indie,

Could you please explain what you mean exactly and how you do it?
Is it possible to use Google calendar?

Thanks
I set up the emulator with the same gmail acc I had used to register EE (when I first set it up). It's my guess that it helps me operate some apps I was not able to open before, but I could be wrong.

I have tried the gCalender widget. it sort of works since it shows upcoming events but nothing much else.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
orochi
Edge User

I have the Android Market.apk...but how can I attach the file? need some number of posts?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #10
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I have tried the gCalender widget. it sort of works since it shows upcoming events but nothing much else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - that's one I had not found yet. You can add an event too. Just tap the small date box to open settings.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
toddhauck
Edge User

After much trial, error, and google searching, I finally got the emulator with marketplace enabled working. Got the Rhapsody music app, iHeart Radio, and a sudoku app transferred to the edge. Now to figure out how to convert them to run full screen....

Old 08-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #12
toddhauck
Edge User

yeah, cept i get the same error a lot of people are posting in that thread.

ERROR: Cannot verify file signature. This is likely a problem with APKtool.