Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Magazine Subscriptions - lowest prices [PAPER MAGAZINES]

I have found a website that some of you in the US might be interested in. It compares the prices of 2,513 magazines, and links you to the best deals of each.

For example, 10 issues of Everyday with Rachel Ray costs $4.45. 15 issues of Family Circle costs $3.60.

Yesterday I purchased a year's subscription to Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine for $17.05.

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-24-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Thread title clarification
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
You have to be careful with its results. For example, I checked on New York Review of Books and the prices it showed were greater than what I paid directly to NYRB a couple of weeks ago for a 3-year renewal. Similarly, I checked The Economist and found the prices higher than I can get elsewhere.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A friend has suggested a second site that covers 3,500 mags, many foreign.

http://www.cheapmagazinesite.com/
Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I checked on New York Review of Books and the prices it showed were greater than what I paid directly to NYRB a couple of weeks ago for a 3-year renewal.
Richard, I see something that might interest you. The price of the New York Times Book Review has dropped to $91 for 52 issues ($1.75 per issue).

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/d...ookreview.html
Old 04-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

I have received from Amazon a 50% discount code for "select magazine subscriptions" for the month of April: APRMAG50

The email doesn't say how many titles the discount is good for, but if you're in the market, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Richard, I see something that might interest you. The price of the New York Times Book Review has dropped to $91 for 52 issues ($1.75 per issue).

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/d...ookreview.html
Thanks, but I subscribe to the NYT (7 day/52 week) and get the NYT Book review as part of my print subscription. I've been itching to cancel my print subscription and get an electronic subscription of the NYT (again 7 day/52 week) but that won't happen until I replace my Sony 505 with a larger screen device. I want an 8 to 9 inch eInk device but so far haven't seen anything that is compelling. Except for reading newspapers and magazines, the 505 is a perfect device for me.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Yesterday I purchased a year's subscription to Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine for $17.05.
I ordered my EQMM subscription March 30, and my first issue (July) arrived today.

Eight weeks seems like a long time to wait, but I have been keeping an eye on Fictionwise's EQMM page, and they still do not have the July issue available yet.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Magazine subscriptions are often slow to start up because the circulation company prints the mailing labels weeks ahead of time.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote