Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Bluetooth connection...

Hi folks,

finally, after days (weeks?) of work, I managed to get my Bluetooth USB dongle working with my iLiad. I am now able to connect to the Internet using my mobile phone and the BT connection

You find the scripts attached. But first some caveats:
  • It's very buggy, expect your iLiad to freeze very often. Unfortunately I can't debug the kernel panics it creates, so I don't know how to fix these issues...
  • Don't remove the USB dongle without running the provided unmount script - this will definitely freeze your device.
  • This doesn't mean the unmounting script runs without any freeze... I hope you get the point
  • dillo doesn't work for me, iNewsStand does.

At the moment the scripts are configured for my Sony Ericsson K610i with a german O2 card. Check the file _config.sh for configuration advises: You have to adjust your mobile phone's BT address and maybe the PPP options (in _hidden/pppd/*).

After configuring, start the first script. Wait until it's finished, then hook up your USB dongle. Wait until the dongle's LED is flashing (if your dongle has one - or just wait ~5 sec.). Run the second script and watch your mobile phone connect to the Internet.

If you have some ideas how to avoid the freezes, please let me know...

edit: If your mobile asks you for a pin code, it's 1234.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bluetooth_v0.01.zip (1.09 MB, 497 views)

Last edited by -Thomas-; 04-24-2008 at 08:44 PM.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I just found out that installing the program into the internal memory instead of a CF card raises the stability...
Old 05-08-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
jor
jor began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Reader
... and in the new iLiad Book Edition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
I just found out that installing the program into the internal memory instead of a CF card raises the stability...
Hi, good work!
I just see the new model Iliad Book Edition, Would it be possible to do the same work in this new model?

jor
jor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
-Thomas-
Addict

Chances are high that it's possible with the iLiad Book edition, as it runs nearly the same software as the iLiad v2.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
Flow
Flow began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Hey, Thomas. How's the bluetoothprocess coming along?
It'd be very cool if we could use bluetooth keyboards with the iLiad. The Dinovo Mini is perfect for that purpose!
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
-Thomas-
Addict

It looks like you need a 2.6 kernel for Bluetooth keyboards, so currently I don't see a way to get that running under the iLiad's 2.4 kernel.

In addition, I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard at hand to at least give it a try...