Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
2 plugin questions

First: Is there a plugin to find and delete multiple books?

Second: What is the plugin that will take recipes and create a book?

Thanks
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Well, there are plugins whose name tells you they do just that. "Find duplicates", "Read recipes"...
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
First: Is there a plugin to find and delete multiple books?
I'm not sure what you're trying to do but the main calibre GUI has the tools you need to search, find and remove multiple books.

Quote:
Second: What is the plugin that will take recipes and create a book?
The Index of plugins sticky post at the top of this forum is a good place to start your search for this answer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Recipes, I don't know. For duplicates, yo can find them with "Find Duplicates" and, later, you can select them and take a decision: merge them, delete one of them...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks everyone
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Just out of curiosity, could you use Sigil to 'make a book' out of recipes? I am assuming you are talking about cooking recipes?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Just out of curiosity, could you use Sigil to 'make a book' out of recipes? I am assuming you are talking about cooking recipes?
S
You might also be able to use 'Merge EPUB' PI to make a cookbook from individual collections.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Yes cooking recipes I find on the internet and the thousands I have on paper. Honestly I do not know anything about Sigil. I am technically challenged.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes cooking recipes I find on the internet and the thousands I have on paper. Honestly I do not know anything about Sigil. I am technically challenged.
Me too!! Maybe someone that knows what they are talking about will chime in! I'd like to take old family recipes and do this too.
S
Old 12-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Once each is a separate EPUB in your Library, Join them using the EPUB Merge PI

Info and instructions here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169744
Old 12-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
Me too!! Maybe someone that knows what they are talking about will chime in! I'd like to take old family recipes and do this too.
S
Silver then we could share with each other
Old 12-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #12
silverraven
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Once each is a separate EPUB in your Library, Join them using the EPUB Merge PI

Info and instructions here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169744
Most of my recipes are saved as pdfs. Will it work for them?
Thanks!
S
Old 12-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Since no one decided to review the Index of Plugins I linked to in post 3 in response to "What is the plugin that will take recipes and create a book?" here are a few I found in the index.

Food Network Recipe Reader
Create an ebook of recipes from foodnetwork.com by entering the urls of interest.
Version: 1.0.0; Released: 06-05-2013; Calibre: 0.8.58; Author: Krittika Goyal; History: Yes;
Platforms: Windows, OSX, Linux

allrecipes.com Recipe Reader
Create an ebook of recipes from allrecipes.com by entering the urls of interest.
Version: 1.0.0; Released: 07-24-2013; Calibre: 0.8.58; Author: Krittika Goyal; History: Yes;

Recipe Reader
Create an ebook of recipes from Cooks.com by entering the urls of interest.
Version: 1.0.0; Released: 06-30-2012; Calibre: 0.8.58; Author: Krittika Goyal; History: Yes;

BBC GoodFood Recipe Reader
UI plugin to create an ebook of recipes from the BBC GoodFood site.
Version: 1.1.0; Released: 11-04-2012; Calibre: 0.8.58; Author: Buzzy; History: Yes;

BigOven Recipe Reader
Create an ebook of recipes from bigoven.com by entering the urls of interest.
Version: 1.0.0; Released: 06-02-2013; Calibre: 0.8.58; Author: Krittika Goyal; History: Yes;

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-17-2013 at 06:31 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Only if they're converted to EPUBs first.

You can merge PDFs with Acrobat Pro or Nitro Pro, there's a freebie for Windows called PDF Binder and on Mac you can combine PDF's with Preview.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks!
S
No, that is why there is EPUB in the PI name.

Convert to EPUB (luck will be needed). Edit the code with the NEW ebook-edit or Sigil and clean up EACH ONE before merging

The good Doctor, did point to PI's that can scrape recipes from selected sites