Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Yes cooking recipes I find on the internet and the thousands I have on paper. Honestly I do not know anything about Sigil. I am technically challenged.
For creating your own book from existing recipes your best bet may be creating a document in Word or Open Office then converting the creation to epub via calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I managed to cobble together a test book in Sigil. It has a learning curve, that is for sure!
My recipes are mainly family recipes, which need to be typed in. I guess I will have to choose whether to type them straight into Sigil, or to type them up as a Doc, then convert then in Calibre to an epub, then merge them. Not sure which would be easier.
I did use EpubMerge to merge together a dozen or so short stories written by a friend of mine. It worked very well, but they were epubs to begin with.
This will be a project for after the new year though. Typing them will take a while!
Thanks for everyone's help, it is much appreciated.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote