Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 10-30-2016, 02:30 AM   #1
Brad1
Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o
Post Assistance in formatting pdf

Good afternoon, long time kobo/calibre user and i just found this forum. If this question i am specifically asking has already been asked i was unable to find it from a 30 minute search on the forums. If it has already been posted, i apologize and would request that you direct me to said post.

Now, on to the question.
I have a set of pdf documents that i would like to:

1.merge together

and..

2. generate chapters (each chapter being 1 of the aforementioned pdf documents)

There is no need to change formats, as i would like to retain the original look. (sheet music)

Basically it is reference material that i would like to access quickly at a moments notice and being that there are so many documents (341 to be exact) and also being that my Kobo Aura H2o can only display 12 documents per page it would take a very long time to find the proper document. In most cases i only need them for a matter of a few minutes, thus, by the time i actually found the document it would almost be pointless.

Any expertise, or input of any use, would be greatly appreciated.
Brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:38 AM   #2
Brad1
Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.Brad1 knows what's going on.

I also seem to have posted this in the wrong forum topic. If you know how to move it, please let me know.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1 View Post
I also seem to have posted this in the wrong forum topic. If you know how to move it, please let me know.
Where do you think it should go? I can move it for you (I have Mod powers here)

Note PDF is a miserable format to do much with.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
I will move this to the PDF forum

@Brad1 - FWIW I use PDFSam Lite to merge PDF's for a similar reason - lots of 1-2 page reference sheets. Does an adequate job for me.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:18 AM   #5
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There are several tools to split/merge PDF files, including PDFSAM, jpdftweak, and cpdf. You might try this link: http://willus.com/k2pdfopt/pdf_conversion.shtml
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:04 AM   #6
Brad1

Excellent, i appreciate the help. @BetterRed: I i will try those programs and get back to you about whether or not i achieved a proper format for my particualr document.
@willus: That link looks promising also, i will download the site for offline use and certainly use the provided resources for preparedness and future use. I will be sure to post my results for the future benefit of all on forum.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:04 AM   #7
Brad1

Also, i appreciate your expedience in moving my thread.

Tags
chapter detection, conversion, pdf and calibre, sheet music