Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
NoriPP
NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Smile Kindle paperwhite jailbreak (5.3.3)

hi, everyone
I'm looking for kindle paperwhite 5.3.3 jailbreak

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446 is suitable for 5.2.0 - 5.3.1

or how to downgrade to an old version

NoriPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
The instructions appear near the top of the first post in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

Quote:
FIRMWARES 5.3.3 AND NEWER:
This jailbreak cannot be installed on newer firmware versions (thank you Amazon, for yet another middle finger!). You have to downgrade to an older version (e.g., 5.3.1) first, install the jailbreak there, then update to the new version. The jailbreak will survive the update.
To downgrade, I assume that you simply drag a previous .bin file (found in link to ixtab's collection of older versions in the thread linked above) to the root folder of your KPW and update via settings menu.

Edit: I just realized that you linked to the instructions yourself!

Last edited by slantybard; 01-23-2013 at 02:31 AM.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi all

I have an j-beaked PW with newest firmware 5.3.3. I want to DOWNGRADE to 5.3.1.

Problem: it's not possible...

Facts:
I used this BIN-file
I chose the 'normal way' (...--> update kindle --> restart)
When restarting, the reader just do not install the older firmware. No dialogue, no message. Just restarting and booting into 5.3.3.

I also made a full RESET of the reader first and then tried to install the older firmware. Same behaviour.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
err... I dont have a pw. No fail code? nothing?

I seems to recall the logs should have something in them about it.
try

;dm

in search bit...

anything about it in the logs???
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

I'm new to Kindle, sorry...

Tried the ;dm-thing. There are +- 10 logfiles with a huge pile of content. Thousands of pages. Any idea what I should search for?

A.

Edit:

I found something:

Code:
130123:201800 ota[1018]: I ota_monitor:InstallSystemUpdate:command=start ota-update BUNDLE=/mnt/us/PW_update_kindle_5.3.1.bin,status=0:Command terminated normally.
130123:201844 ota[1016]: I ota_monitor:addUpdate:updatefile=/mnt/us/PW_update_kindle_5.3.1.bin:

Last edited by Analogus; 01-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Try 5.3.1 update downloaded from Amazon server.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Analogus
Fanatic

eureka:

Thank you very much. That image is working!

A.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
eureka:

Thank you very much. That image is working!

A.
That's stange (not bad, just strange). File on ixtab's server and file on Amazon's server should be the same (I didn't check them, though). I guess, PW_ prefix in file name is confusing Kindle.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
Analogus
Fanatic

Yes, that's obv. right. A binary comparison shows they are identical.

A.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
NoriPP
NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.NoriPP knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
The instructions appear near the top of the first post in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

To downgrade, I assume that you simply drag a previous .bin file (found in link to ixtab's collection of older versions in the thread linked above) to the root folder of your KPW and update via settings menu.

Edit: I just realized that you linked to the instructions yourself!
thank you
i downgrade 5.3.3 to 5.3.1 and jailbreak successfully
NoriPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #11
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
I would like to know, is it possible to uninstall the jailbreak? If yes then how? Thank you
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #12
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The "Jailbreak" is one .pem file.

/etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem
/etc/uks/pubprodkey01.pem
/etc/uks/pubprodkey02.pem

One could remove it, Or flash the device (as above) to a completely cleans state.

Many came with "uninstallers" - in this case it would simply

Quote:
mntroot rw
rm -f /etc/uks/pubdevkey01.pem
mntroot ro
Or similar.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:29 AM   #13
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Thank you, so if i want to remove the jailbreak then i have to delete that file and thats it?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #14
arad26
Zealot

Or if i reset my kindle to factory defaults will remove it also?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
Or if i reset my kindle to factory defaults will remove it also?
No.
'Factory Defaults' are things provided by the factory, not by us.
Now if you can find a button labeled: 'MobileRead Defaults', then maybe.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote