Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #91
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Moon People is unreadable before you even read the first word.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #92
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Moon People is unreadable before you even read the first word.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:23 AM   #93
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
For non-fiction: 'tighten up the argument'.
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:56 AM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You know, the thing is, the formatting is rubbish. This is one book that could easily be reported to Amazon because of this. No paragraphs and no proper punctuation. It's rubbish before you start reading. It needs fixing. By reporting it, maybe it'll finally get fixed.

Hello Amazon, this is rubbish.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #95
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You know, the thing is, the formatting is rubbish. This is one book that could easily be reported to Amazon because of this. No paragraphs and no proper punctuation. It's rubbish before you start reading. It needs fixing. By reporting it, maybe it'll finally get fixed.

Hello Amazon, this is rubbish.

I didn't comment on this before, but he apparently has the entire series listed twice: the freebies and the ones he sells.

It seems that the BOOK version actually has paragraph breaks along with the indentation of the first lines of each paragraph. This is rather disconcerting.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #96
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
I didn't comment on this before, but he apparently has the entire series listed twice: the freebies and the ones he sells.

It seems that the BOOK version actually has paragraph breaks along with the indentation of the first lines of each paragraph. This is rather disconcerting.
Here's the part about all of that that's piquing my curiosity:

Quote:
"...Foreign Diplomat,Consultant on Foreign Policies and Economics,Adviser to two Presidents,President Bush and President Obama in By-Partisan way..."
What? I mean, WHAT?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #97
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I think the only thing one can do is to look at this information in a sexy way and smile.

ADDED: Although, in my case, if I looked at ANYTHING in a sexy way, my face would break.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #98
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
I think the only thing one can do is to look at this information in a sexy way and smile.

ADDED: Although, in my case, if I looked at ANYTHING in a sexy way, my face would break.
Yeeeeaaaaaaaaah, I'm pretty sure that my days of looking at things "in a sexy way" are behind me. If I did that now, I'd probably get locked up for terrifying small children and dogs.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #99
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yeeeeaaaaaaaaah, I'm pretty sure that my days of looking at things "in a sexy way" are behind me. If I did that now, I'd probably get locked up for terrifying small children and dogs.

Hitch