Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-16-2004, 06:18 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
RepliGo 2.0 for PPC reviewed

X-Gadget has a in-depth review of RepliGo 2.0 (for PPC):

RepliGo 2.0 is a great improvement on 1.20 and I truly hope it continues to thrive, I for one shall continue to use it and promote it. I give it a very readable 9/10.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:13 PM   #2
Gnam
Gnam began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X30 & Palm TE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
X-Gadget has a in-depth review of RepliGo 2.0 (for PPC):

RepliGo 2.0 is a great improvement on 1.20 and I truly hope it continues to thrive, I for one shall continue to use it and promote it. I give it a very readable 9/10.
Repligo 2.0 has been out for some time hasn't it? I've been using it on my Palm for a while but I think it's been released quite a while ago for PPC as well.

The reviewer seems to be quite enthusiatic about the high quality of the graphics (text?) - maybe he tested it on a VGA unit because on my Dell the flowed font text is very poor quality IMHO. It's very similar to Repligo 1 on my old Palm m130! The text on my TE is so much sharper...

Is there a way of turning off the cleartype effect on Repligo PPC?

Bye,
Gnam
Gnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The viewer I've installed is 2.10 or so. I think it works great on a high-res 640x480 device such as my Axim X50v, but I also remember that it didn't work so well on my Sony 760cd (320x320).

I just checked my copy and haven't found a switch to turn on/off cleartype.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:58 PM   #4
Gnam
Gnam began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X30 & Palm TE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
The viewer I've installed is 2.10 or so. I think it works great on a high-res 640x480 device such as my Axim X50v, but I also remember that it didn't work so well on my Sony 760cd (320x320).

I just checked my copy and haven't found a switch to turn on/off cleartype.
I have 2.10 as well.
Well, Repligo has to look good on a 640x480 screen!
Oh well, at least my X30 has a Jog-Dial that you don't have on your X50!

Gnam
Gnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:50 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I use Repligo a lot for viewing PDFs (for my own use and for work) and find it invaluable. As long as you don't try to view the font too small, it's fine (and that probably wouldn't be an issue with a VGA device anyway).

My only real issue with Repligo/Cerience is the spotty support on their forums. It's _very_ spotty....

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert