Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
phaebre
phaebre began at the beginning.

Device: Binatone txt only
Binatone simple text e-reader (How to)

The binatone readers were available for a low price at argos uk and I bought mine when price was further reduced. This reader will only accept text so to read, for instance, epub or pdf files u are totally dependent on Calibre software (which is included with the purchase). When I first converted files to text using calibre, I accepted all the defaults, but the resulting text contained strange symbols instead of quotation marks etc. My initial approach was to write simple program to clean up file further . . .

BUT the trick is in 'look and feel' option offered by calibre, tick the transliterate unicode characters to ascii box. Simple basic ascii text files will then be produced which are acceptable to the binatone reader.
The reader works reasonably well otherwise.

My suggestion to the developers would be to add a simple text reader category to the supported ebook readers

Hope this post is of interest

Regards
phaebre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaebre View Post
My suggestion to the developers would be to add a simple text reader category to the supported ebook readers
Is this reader seen as a USB drive when connected to your computer?

If it is follow these directions to get it supported by calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
phaebre
phaebre began at the beginning.

Device: Binatone txt only
>Is this reader seen as a USB drive when connected to your computer?

Yes indeed it has 1 gb of built in memory which is recognized as an external drive by windows or alternatively u can add a microSD card (I have added a 4 gb card) which is also recognized as another seperate external drive (worth having an sd case for this so it can be plugged into pc card reader) I just copy the text file novels to these drives. Thanks for the link.
phaebre is offline   Reply With Quote