Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #16
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Why not just download the whole book when it was free in the first place?

But Amazon is pretty good, if there was an error on their part. I've gotten refunds before.
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #17
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDaMan View Post
Why not just download the whole book when it was free in the first place?
Right. See my Post #9.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
whoops. Sorry just skimmed the thread :-P
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #19
geko29
geko29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Some of the books that amazon puts out for free are only for a limited time. Whiskey Rebels was only free for January.
The announcement said it would be free till February 28th, like the other Random House books that were offered for free at the same time (and still are).
geko29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #20
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Is it still not free?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #21
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
The announcement said it would be free till February 28th, like the other Random House books that were offered for free at the same time (and still are).
That is correct.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #22
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Is it still not free?
Nope -- $9.99
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #23
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Nope -- $9.99
The odd thing, going back to my OP, is that while it is $9.99, it still shows up in the middle of all the free books.

Looks like Amazon does not know themselves that it mysteriously morphed from $0.00 to $9.99. And it should not have. Ah, well....
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
humzai
humzai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
A similar thing happened to me a while back. After the Tor free eboks deal was over the books were still appearing at 0.00 so I tried getting them all but unfortunately only got a few. It was no big deal because I had already downloaded them via the emails but it would have been nice to have them all in my kindle library. I clicked one and it charged me so I emailed amazon and got it refunded.
humzai is offline   Reply With Quote