Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2020, 07:25 PM   #601
druneau
Junior Member
druneau began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2020
Device: Kobo Clara HD
Just had a chance to update, thanks for the About and System Info pages!
druneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:07 AM   #602
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
baskerville's Avatar
 
Posts: 294
Karma: 304862
Join Date: Aug 2015
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Plato 0.9.6

I've released 0.9.6.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:46 AM   #603
detconan
Junior Member
detconan began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2020
Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is it possible to add buttons to allow fine tuning brightness setting (as in nickel)? with the actual slider it is a bit difficult to fine tune it.

Thanks.
detconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #604
Krisztina
Junior Member
Krisztina began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 6
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2020
Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Help - Calibre - Problem

Hi there. Can anyone help me? I have a kindle paperwhite 3 device. I convert a lot of books with the "Caliber" program. I always update and convert books a few months badly. I don't know what setting I should choose. I usually convert a pdf file to a mobi file. The mistake is that in the text if these two letters are next to each other "fi", it will not print. Does anyone know what I should set? I read in Hungarian. My English is pretty weak. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Krisztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:35 PM   #605
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DevonHess's Avatar
 
Posts: 57
Karma: 220924
Join Date: Sep 2019
Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztina View Post
Hi there. Can anyone help me? I have a kindle paperwhite 3 device. I convert a lot of books with the "Caliber" program. I always update and convert books a few months badly. I don't know what setting I should choose. I usually convert a pdf file to a mobi file. The mistake is that in the text if these two letters are next to each other "fi", it will not print. Does anyone know what I should set? I read in Hungarian. My English is pretty weak. Please help. Thanks in advance.
This messageboard is for Kobo, not for Kindle. Here is the Kindle forum. You should ask them.

Also, it sounds like your problem is incorrect rendering of ligatures. Try using a different font.

Good luck.

Last edited by DevonHess; 10-17-2020 at 11:23 PM.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:13 AM   #606
Elektron
Big Dill
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Elektron's Avatar
 
Posts: 487
Karma: 1460860
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Alberta
Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2, Kobo Mini
I'm loving Plato. Thanks baskerville!
My only problem is with the battery icon. It looks like 10% but is really 37. Frankly, it's depressing. Again, ICON, not READING.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #607
kch
Junior Member
kch began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2020
Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I just got my first Kobo e-reader a few days ago and I have been trying reading ePubs and PDFs on Nickel, KOReader and Plato. I have to say, out of the three, I like Plato a lot, especially when it comes to PDFs! The UI controls are very intuitive and highlight response is just so smooth and speedy! Thanks a lot for making this

I have a few questions that I cannot figure out for now and would appreciate some generous guidance:

1. Is there an option to save the highlights and annotations/notes to the PDFs and ePub files?
2. Is there a way I can see all my highlights and notes/annotations of a particular file?
3. How can I extract my highlights and notes/annotations?

It seems like what I make on files on Plato stays inside Plato and are only viewable when I read the files on Plato…

Some novice feedback that I could provide:

1. I really miss the feature on Nickel that I can slide on the left side to adjust the backlight brightness. The L shape gesture at the bottom left corner for jumping between saved profiles or toggling it on/off could be a workaround but still not as handy as the direct real-time adjustment.
2. The current annotation/note field is limited to one single line, which can be hard to read and adjust when you write longer texts. I also hesitated a bit if I had to hit ‘Return’ on the keyboard or just press anywhere outside the pop-up to save the note; wondered if my note would be saved or discarded.
3. For some reason when I type capital letters and/or punctuations in note/annotation, Plato starts to slow down its response. The delay becomes increasingly apparent even after this annotation/note window has been closed. It eventually froze my Kobo (Libra H2O running Plato 0.9.6) as I continue my reading, highlights and annotation. I had to reboot thrice for reading and noting sparingly a PDF of just 19 pages. :-/
4. I kept digging around for a Setting page at the beginning for customisation and realised there is not really one. Which is fine since all the available options are actually in the menu/navigation most of the time. I was just expecting to have some settings, e.g. on lock screen display.

Once again thank you for making Plato! I hope it will grow more powerful over time.
kch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #608
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
baskerville's Avatar
 
Posts: 294
Karma: 304862
Join Date: Aug 2015
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
Thanks a lot for making this
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
I have a few questions that I cannot figure out for now and would appreciate some generous guidance:
1. Is there an option to save the highlights and annotations/notes to the PDFs and ePub files?
There isn't: I'll have to learn the details of how annotations are implemented in each format first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
2. Is there a way I can see all my highlights and notes/annotations of a particular file?
There isn't but it shouldn't be too hard to implement: just like the TOC, the annotations could be turned into an in-memory HTML document. In-memory documents (e.g. System Info) can be saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
3. How can I extract my highlights and notes/annotations?
You'd have to rely on .metadata.json and .reading-states/*.json.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
It seems like what I make on files on Plato stays inside Plato and are only viewable when I read the files on Plato…
Not exactly (see above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
Some novice feedback that I could provide:

1. I really miss the feature on Nickel that I can slide on the left side to adjust the backlight brightness.
I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
2. The current annotation/note field is limited to one single line, which can be hard to read and adjust when you write longer texts.
Multi-line input fields are planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
I also hesitated a bit if I had to hit ‘Return’ on the keyboard or just press anywhere outside the pop-up to save the note; wondered if my note would be saved or discarded.
The current behavior, which was introduced in response to #72, is to discard the input when tapping outside of the keyboard and input field. Maybe it would make more sense to only close empty input fields?

Would it be less confusing if the keyboard had Validate and Cancel keys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
3. For some reason when I type capital letters and/or punctuations in note/annotation, Plato starts to slow down its response. The delay becomes increasingly apparent even after this annotation/note window has been closed. It eventually froze my Kobo (Libra H2O running Plato 0.9.6) as I continue my reading, highlights and annotation. I had to reboot thrice for reading and noting sparingly a PDF of just 19 pages. :-/
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
4. I kept digging around for a Setting page at the beginning for customisation and realised there is not really one. Which is fine since all the available options are actually in the menu/navigation most of the time. I was just expecting to have some settings, e.g. on lock screen display.
For now, there's just a Settings.toml.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PocketBook-KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, CBZ, ... (AGPLv3) chrox KOReader 331 10-20-2020 03:30 AM
KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ... (GPLv3) hawhill Kindle Developer's Corner 1142 09-10-2020 03:40 PM
Kindle -- KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ... (GPLv3) hawhill KOReader 1076 08-22-2020 08:56 AM
v3 vs. v3+ as a pdf/DjVu reader hedonism_bot HanLin eBook 7 11-02-2010 08:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.