Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 10:22 PM   #496
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Smr44: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:23 AM   #497
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Smr44: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Done.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:40 AM   #498
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Smr44: PM sent.

And as always, thanks to the nattily dressed Grand Mouse.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:40 AM   #499
Jozef Kobo
Jozef Kobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O 1e editie
Help me please

Quote:
PM sent.
Best David

do you still have the img. for a frozen Kobo H2O 1e. edit.

kind regards Jozef
Old 10-04-2020, 08:01 AM   #500
Smr44
Smr44 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My kobo has been revived !!!

The image you give me access to works like a charm and has solved my issues.

Thank you so Much Davidfor
Old 10-12-2020, 04:37 AM   #501
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Can anyone teach me how to copy the SD image to a card?

My Aura H2O became unresponsive in the middle of a factory reset. I have since removed the SD card from a second Aura H2O and plugged it into the first unit and it will work with that card but not with the one it originally came with.

I have tried creating an image from the card that works and restoring it to the first card, to no avail. Second SD card will run on both H2O's but using the first one will just show the light on the power button and an unresponsive screen (on both H2O's).

I'm trying to do all this using Disk Utility on a Mac. When I mount the image (I assume it is the dmg file?) I have copied from the second card, the Kobo app even recognizes that a "reader" is attached. However, restoring that image to the card has been a futile attempt so far. Do I perhaps need to change the SD card? As a regular memory card, my Mac seems to recognize it just fine.

Apologies for the lengthy post.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:18 AM   #502
sashik
sashik began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura H2O
Hi, all
My H2O seems to be dead I tried to hard reset it in many ways but with no results. Just sleep screen frozen at the moment.
I'd like to give it a try with reformatted SD but I don't have appropriate image.
Could someone provide me with please? Whould be much appreciated!
Is it possible to burn the image under MAC with standard DiskUtility or it will be better to do it under ParallelsDesktop on MAC in Windows7?
Shoud I use some special tools to burn the image to SD card?
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-20-2020, 08:55 AM   #503
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@sashik: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.

As to how to write it to the card, I believe the MAC DiskUtility can do it. I don't have a MAC, so I have never tried.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:01 AM   #504
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
@sashik: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.

As to how to write it to the card, I believe the MAC DiskUtility can do it. I don't have a MAC, so I have never tried.
sashik now has PM access.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #505
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@sashik: PM sent.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:30 AM   #506
sashik
sashik began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura H2O
Quote:
@sashik: PM sent.
Thanks a lot!! Will try to restore my poor h2o (died after deep discharge, recharge and further CoolReader installation. It seems something goes wrong...)
Old 10-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #507
Genn
Genn began at the beginning.

Need SD image

Hello. Can you help me? I need an image Kobo Aura H2O because my book has become a brick.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:02 PM   #508
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Genn: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #509
Genn
Genn began at the beginning.

davidfor Private messages included.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:24 AM   #510
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, h2o, image, sdcard, sdcard-image