Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2020, 10:47 PM   #1
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Angry Stupid Kindle, really hate it at the moment

So for months now my Kindle hasn't automatically loaded new purchases. Also, if I go to manage c/d and select title(s) and click deliver it does nothing. The only way to get stuff into the Kindle is to go to it and set it to show all and touch them in that list. It queues them and loads them. Nothing else works.

So I finally gave up and decided I'd reset it even though that means losing the library from it and resetting everything. Did it. Worked fine, all reset. Went to c/d and chose a dozen titles and clicked deliver. Nothing. Still had to go in the Kindle to display all and pick them there.

Really unhappy with Kindle and Amazon. Instead of participating with all the other big tech companies in politicking they need to tend to their damn business and products. Maybe it's time to learn a new universe and go to another reader that doesn't social engineer, just tends to their actual business.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:33 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
So for months now my Kindle hasn't automatically loaded new purchases. Also, if I go to manage c/d and select title(s) and click deliver it does nothing. The only way to get stuff into the Kindle is to go to it and set it to show all and touch them in that list. It queues them and loads them. Nothing else works.

So I finally gave up and decided I'd reset it even though that means losing the library from it and resetting everything. Did it. Worked fine, all reset. Went to c/d and chose a dozen titles and clicked deliver. Nothing. Still had to go in the Kindle to display all and pick them there.

Really unhappy with Kindle and Amazon. Instead of participating with all the other big tech companies in politicking they need to tend to their damn business and products. Maybe it's time to learn a new universe and go to another reader that doesn't social engineer, just tends to their actual business.
Which one of your Kindles is this happening with? Or does it happen with all of them?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:57 PM   #3
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Oasis. I loaned the PW to a friend and even when it's here I never use it. It's a "just in case" Kindle bought during a big sale for a really good discount.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:46 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Try looking for them under ALL ITEMS.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:12 AM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Try looking for them under ALL ITEMS.
The OP said this: "The only way to get stuff into the Kindle is to go to it and set it to show all and touch them in that list."
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:32 AM   #6
Braid
Groupie
Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Braid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd), Kobo Aura One, Kindle Voyage, Kobo H2O (1st)
Just one more obvious idea to rule out:

Is it the case that after you click 'deliver' from c/d, the books still don't deliver, even after you press the 'sync' button on your Kindle?
Braid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:15 AM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Mine did that and the last firmware didn’t load correctly so I downloaded a fresh copy and repudiated and everything is working great
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
This is a bug that follows me around too, so I feel your pain. Haven't found a solution yet.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #9
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braid View Post
Just one more obvious idea to rule out:

Is it the case that after you click 'deliver' from c/d, the books still don't deliver, even after you press the 'sync' button on your Kindle?
I've even tried hitting sync a few times, knowing it won't work if it didn't work the first time, but frustration leads to doing things you know won't work.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:14 PM   #10
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

Ok, I got my PW back from a friend. I turned on wifi and waited for it to show active. I selected the newest book in manage c/d. I said deliver to the PW. It took 2-3 seconds and there it was. I turned wifi on on the O3. I waited for it to show active. I selected the same book and said deliver. I waited 15-20 seconds and nothing. I clicked "sync" and it spun a moment and said nothing new. Once more on sync and nothing new. So apparently it doesn't affect all devices on any given account and perhaps only affects Oasis and no other models. Still majorly mad at Amazon.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #11
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Ok, I got my PW back from a friend. I turned on wifi and waited for it to show active. I selected the newest book in manage c/d. I said deliver to the PW. It took 2-3 seconds and there it was. I turned wifi on on the O3. I waited for it to show active. I selected the same book and said deliver. I waited 15-20 seconds and nothing. I clicked "sync" and it spun a moment and said nothing new. Once more on sync and nothing new. So apparently it doesn't affect all devices on any given account and perhaps only affects Oasis and no other models. Still majorly mad at Amazon.
Contact Amazon, there might be something stuck that is preventing everything else from downloading. See if they can clear out the queue. I think, but not sure, that when you request a download directly from the device it goes to the head of the queue, hence avoiding whatever might be stuck.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #12
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Contact Amazon, there might be something stuck that is preventing everything else from downloading. See if they can clear out the queue. I think, but not sure, that when you request a download directly from the device it goes to the head of the queue, hence avoiding whatever might be stuck.
That's a new one on me. I'd never thought of it or heard of it. I'll check with them. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:01 AM   #13
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:

I’ve always had to load that way.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:15 PM   #14
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

Ok, so I finally got contact from Amazon today. They walked me through downloading the latest update version and getting it installed. Went to C/D and told it to deliver a random book. It worked. I got one of my daily book emails. I "bought" one of the freebies from the email. It delivered in 1-2 seconds. So at least for the moment it seems to be fixed.