Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #1
Colhea
Colhea began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 10th generation
Does Oasis 10th generation have a way to play scrabble?

Hi, I am considering buying an Oasis 10th generation upgrading from a very old kindle. I play scrabble every day on my old kindle, but I am hearing comments that there are no games on the newer kindles. Is there a way to play scrabble on the Oasis 10th generation? thanks
Colhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The Active Content games haven't been supported on the Kindles for a long time. Since 2013 I think. The last Paperwhite I had that supported them was the 2nd one that was released in 2013.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And they apparently pulled active content off the store a couple months ago
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
Colhea
Colhea began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 10th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
The Active Content games haven't been supported on the Kindles for a long time. Since 2013 I think. The last Paperwhite I had that supported them was the 2nd one that was released in 2013.
Does anyone suggest any other e-readers that do have scrabble?
Colhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:45 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
The Kindle FIRE is a tablet. That probably has a scrabble game. A tablet is what you need to play games.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:15 PM   #6
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
A tablet is what you need to play games.
Or her phone.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #7
SuperYee
SuperYee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (9th), Onyx Boox Poke 2 Color
You can also use the browser and play scrabble. I use aur0raHAX to use html5 apps offline. Here's the link(the thread is old but it still works): "https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317061"
I use Kindle Oasis 3 9th generation and it works fine.
SuperYee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scrabble oasis