Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 07:57 AM   #61
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
No kidding! And he thirded two that I will likely vote for. Both have been the basis for major BBC/PBS Series, and both have really good Audible versions, should you want/need to listen to the book. Forsyte has David Case as the narrator, and Cranford has Nadia May (Wanda McCaddon). These are two of the all time great narrators. If either one wins, I'll very likely listen rather than read, just because of my current circumstances.
I see both Nadia May and Wanda McCaddon have Audible versions of this. So do Prunella Scales and Davina Porter and I bet they're good, too; in fact, I might be tempted to try the Scales version.

Unsurprisingly, they're all Whispersync titles, but I recently quit my membership and I had forgotten that this means I can't tell which Kindle edition goes with which Audible edition. As a goad to get me to re-up, it's more annoying than persuasive.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #62
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Sadly, the David Case Forsyte version is not WhisperSync, but I can point you to the Cranford editions that match:

FWIW, I went with the Nadia May version, for a total cost of $0.99.

Last edited by CRussel; 02-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #63
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sadly, the David Case Forsyte version is not WhisperSync, but I can point you to editions that match:

Thank you, Charlie; I'm planning to listen to it no matter what, as it fits one of my annual challenges.

I see it costs two bucks more to listen to Wanda than to Nadia, and she's faster about it, too!
Old 02-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #64
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yup. Why I chose as I chose. Also bought the David Case narration of the first book in the Forsyte saga. It's on sale for members at 50% off.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #65
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
FWIW, I went with the Nadia May version, for a total cost of $0.99.
Yup. I'm sure Prunella is delightful, but she can't be four times as good as Nadia.
Advert