Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 04:53 PM   #1
kcp
kcp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Automatic news fetch: different news sources to different Kindles?

I know on Calibre that I can fetch a news source and send it directly to my Kindle.

But let's say I have 2 news sources and 2 Kindles and I want the following:

Kindle 1 gets News A (but not B); Kindle 2 gets News B (but not A). Is this possible? Thank you!
kcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcp View Post
I know on Calibre that I can fetch a news source and send it directly to my Kindle.

Kindle 1 gets News A (but not B); Kindle 2 gets News B (but not A). Is this possible? Thank you!
No

1 Calibre
1 News send rule

IIRC you can send everything to Both, just no selectivity
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcp View Post

You can do it manually using the reading list plugin. Uncheck the automatic send of news options and set up a sync list for each device. Manually add the news "books" to the appropriate list(s) when you fetch them.

It easily might be easier to do as theducks suggests, sending all sources to all devices then on the device deleting the "books" you don't want.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:18 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I suppose you could use a portable calibre, or separate libraries and using the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environment variable, to have two different instances of calibre, then you could launch the right ones in turn depending on which Kindle you wish to connect.

Slightly more automatic, I suppose.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can do it manually using the reading list plugin. Uncheck the automatic send of news options and set up a sync list for each device. Manually add the news "books" to the appropriate list(s) when you fetch them.

It easily might be easier to do as theducks suggests, sending all sources to all devices then on the device deleting the "books" you don't want.
Couldn't you do it automatically using the reading list plugin? When downloading news add an extra tag of kindle1 or kindle2 to the news feed under advanced. Then in the reading list plugin create a list auto populated from search and search for the tag. The only problem is that you can't remove the tag using the same reading list unless I am missing something. So if you delete the news feed from the kindle and then connect again, you'll be sent the book you deleted again until it gets deleted from your Calibre library.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
news fetch