Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
RrOoSsSsOo
RrOoSsSsOo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boyue T62
Post Boyue T62 tricks & hacks (and maybe T61, Icarus Illumina HD, Android in general)

Hi Folks, i bought a Boyue T62 (Model T62C for the accuracy) and I want to share my experience (in particular tricks & hacks)

Root
Follow the perfect guide of @nightboy, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245888

Add new fonts
The default reader app is actually a modded version of FBreader 2... and it finds all the .ttf font file located in "/sdcard/Fonts".
Then find you preferred .ttf font (I suggest a "semibold" for the screen of the ereader like Segoe UI or others), create the /sdcard/Fonts directory and copy file(s) into it. Open the default app prederences and choose the new font. (No ROOT required)
PS: not all fonts are compatible with the reader app

Add your favourite screensaver
The default screensaver is located into /system/media/standby.png.
  • If you want to have a single screensaver rename it to "standby.png.bak" and put a new "standby.png" (ROOT required)
  • If you want to add also your preferred screensavers to the default create the /sdcard/ScreenSaver directory (not "Screensaver" or "Scrensavers" but exactly "ScreenSaver") and put file(s) into it (No ROOT required)

Change next/prev buttons behaviour
Generally all the reading app accept the volume buttons for turn page. The T62 has this options integrated: go to
Setting -> User definded -> Volume keys setting
and set on "open". Amazon Kindle, Google Play Books, Aldiko, ecc. will work! (No ROOT required)

Remap hardware buttons
To remap the phisical buttons to another behaviour (ROOT required)
  • Root your device
  • Install Xposed Framework downloading apk from here http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...osed.installer and complete the installation of framework
  • Go to "Download" section of Xposed Installer app and install Xposed Additions (version 3.4.1 works)
  • Go to "Modules" section of Xposed Installer app and activate the Xposed Additions module
  • Turn off and turn on the device
  • Open Xposed Additions app from launcher
  • Go to "Buttons"
  • Go to "Allow External Devices" and select "Miscellaneous". (If you don't do it the only recognized buttons will be the Power botton)
  • Click "Add new Key" and click the botton to remap
  • Click "Add new Condition" and select "Screen On"
  • Remap the button behaviour for "Click" or "Long Press"
  • Enjoy your T62 tailored for your needs

Suggestion: invert the behaviour of Next and Prev buttons or make both as Next button. Map Next/Prev long press to "Recent apps" or "Last app". Map Back long press to "Go to home".

Hide statusbar
To hide statusbar I use the app full!screen (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orn.FullScreen). Usefull for read with no default app (e.g. Kindle, Moon+, Aldiko, ...). Install, open, grant root access, open statusbar and click "Touch to hide statusbar". (ROOT required)

Last edited by RrOoSsSsOo; 04-24-2015 at 08:04 AM.
RrOoSsSsOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
RrOoSsSsOo
RrOoSsSsOo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boyue T62
Reserved
RrOoSsSsOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
77endymion77
77endymion77 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62c
Change shutdown image

Change shutdown image
The default shutdown image is located in the archive /system/media/shutdownanimation.zip.

0) prepare your new image:
name = Open_screen_1.png
size = 758x1024
resolution = 72
1) copy shutdownanimation.zip to sdcard (using file explorer with root)
2) move this file from sdcard to PC
3) open file with winrar and in folder part0 delete file Open_screen_1.png
4) in winrar move your new image to the folder part0
5) in winrar save the archive with compression metode store
6) move the archive with new image from PC to sdcard
7) move shutdownanimation.zip from sdcard to /system/media/ (using file explorer with root - overwrite or rename old archive)
77endymion77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Working TTS on Energy Sistem Ereader Pro (Tutorial)

Thanks, very helpful indeed.

I just got TTS working. This is a howto.

Install your TTS-App.

The problem:
TTS-options are not existent in the system settings.
To set them we need a third party app, like FBReader TTS+ Plugin.
Install it, start it, click the middle option.
Now click: Change Voice or Language
(Sometimes the options are shown and sometimes not, try again if not visible)
Select: Use only the system default voice
Select: System TTS Settings

and you are in the System TTS settings.
Now select all according to your preferences and check if TTS is working by listening to an example. If this is working, you can now use TTS systemwide (tested with Coolreader, AlReader, Fora Dictionary), not working with the preinstalled FBReader.

Edit: Created an APP with Tasker to have easy access to the settings within this APP. No need for "FBReader TTS+ Plugin" anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TTS_settings.2.zip (1.63 MB, 1328 views)

Last edited by nhedgehog; 03-28-2015 at 03:15 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
RrOoSsSsOo,

I can't get your change screensaver instructions to work.

Rooted; "Properties" indicates "read/write" for system/media, but am unable to rename "standby.png" or transfer the new renamed "standby.png" into the folder using ESFile Explorer.
Suggestions?
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
RrOoSsSsOo,

I can't get your change screensaver instructions to work.

Rooted; "Properties" indicates "read/write" for system/media, but am unable to rename "standby.png" or transfer the new renamed "standby.png" into the folder using ESFile Explorer.
Suggestions?
Did you mount system as R/W? I know how to do that in Root Explorer, but not using ES File Explorer. When done you should mount system as R/O.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stumped! I can't figure out how to mount system as R/O w/ES File Explorer. I can change the "Permissions/Owner/Group" settings.

I've used Root Explorer for years but have not be able to get it to run correctly on the Boyue T62. The only thing that loads is a list of folders and files w/dates. I even tried installing an older version I see you've a Boyue T62 also and I'm assuming it's working okay? Maybe I should unfreeze some of the system apps, although I hate messing around w/that again because they are really hard to see in Titanium.

Have been messing w/this for hours and If I weren't so stubborn I'd give up and get back to reading. Think I'll go to XDA and see if anyone and tell me how to change mount system w/ES File Explorer.

Really appreciate your help, Purple Lady.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #8
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Stumped! I can't figure out how to mount system as R/O w/ES File Explorer. I can change the "Permissions/Owner/Group" settings.

Have been messing w/this for hours and If I weren't so stubborn I'd give up and get back to reading. Think I'll go to XDA and see if anyone and tell me how to change mount system w/ES File Explorer.
Use Totalcommander, it does the mounting for you without asking.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

The quote button doesn't seem to be working in this thread...keeps opening RrOoSsSsOo's opening post.

Anyway, good ole' XDA! Have the new screensaver installed. Thanks to you also, nhedgehog. I remember trying Totalcommander some time back, but guess I was just to familiar w/Root Explorer to learn a new app.

New question: I do not like the Nova desktop and can't figure out if and how to change it. Can't find a setting in the Nova app. Anyone changed it? Would prefer it all black rather than half wavy grey/white curvy lines.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I've used Root Explorer for years but have not be able to get it to run correctly on the Boyue T62. The only thing that loads is a list of folders and files w/dates. I even tried installing an older version I see you've a Boyue T62 also and I'm assuming it's working okay? Maybe I should unfreeze some of the system apps, although I hate messing around w/that again because they are really hard to see in Titanium.

Really appreciate your help, Purple Lady.
I use Root Explorer from the Amazon app store with no problem on my T62. I just looked at ES File Explorer and found how to mount R/W - go to menu and tap on Tools then Root Explorer. This brings up a list of options including Mount R/W.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:57 PM   #11
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I use Root Explorer from the Amazon app store with no problem on my T62. I just looked at ES File Explorer and found how to mount R/W - go to menu and tap on Tools then Root Explorer. This brings up a list of options including Mount R/W.
Think we had near simultaneous posts. Thanks, but I did get ES FileExplorer to mount R/O.

Did you notice my second question about the changing the Nova desktop?!
Old 05-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The quote button doesn't seem to be working in this thread...keeps opening RrOoSsSsOo's opening post.

Anyway, good ole' XDA! Have the new screensaver installed. Thanks to you also, nhedgehog. I remember trying Totalcommander some time back, but guess I was just to familiar w/Root Explorer to learn a new app.

New question: I do not like the Nova desktop and can't figure out if and how to change it. Can't find a setting in the Nova app. Anyone changed it? Would prefer it all black rather than half wavy grey/white curvy lines.
I use Color Wallpaper for a light colored background, but it can do dark too.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:54 AM   #13
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Anyway, good ole' XDA! Have the new screensaver installed.
Do you know that in the newer ROMS if you use the stock FileExplorer (don't remember the name) longclick on any picture gives you an option menu, where select as screensaver is available?

Regarding the Launcher:
Coming from Noox I prefer Relaunch which takes some time to adjust and has a lot of features to offer. It is created for eInk devices. But someone can either love it or hate it.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:56 AM   #14
nhedgehog
Guru

Dictionary support

A very detailed instruction can be found at the Icarus website. I'm especially recommending reading this document.

Short instruction:
Internal dictionary viewer is working only with Stardict files.
Every Stardict dictionary consists at least of 3 files:
*.idx.gz
*.ifo
*.dict.gz
Foldername should be Dict (“/mnt/sdcard/Dict”).

I think Dicts can be placed in subfolder, but that is for you to test:
/mnt/sdcard/Dict/1/1.idx.gz
/mnt/sdcard/Dict/1/1.ifo
/mnt/sdcard/Dict/1/1.dict.gz

If Dictionary is not recognized, try to unzip it: 1.idx.gz -> 1.idx & 1.dict.gz -> 1.dict.

Attention: The dict-viewer has problems with html-formated dics, showing the html tags too. Thats probably one more reason to use other dictionary apps (fora etc.) and alternativ ebook reader programs (AlReader, Coolreader etc.).
Old 05-07-2015, 12:47 PM   #15
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Do you know that in the newer ROMS if you use the stock FileExplorer (don't remember the name) longclick on any picture gives you an option menu, where select as screensaver is available?

Regarding the Launcher:
Coming from Noox I prefer Relaunch which takes some time to adjust and has a lot of features to offer. It is created for eInk devices. But someone can either love it or hate it.
I've got the stock FileExplorer app frozen along w/a bunch of other stock apps prior to uninstalling them so think I won't try this since...

[responding to PurpleLady since I can't figure out how to quote from 2 posts]

...no matter what color I selected w/GoLauncher nothing changed...same wavy grey/white/blurry lines, so I installed GoLauncher and after fiddlin' a bit (more options to try) got it set up to my liking. Odd, when I inadvertently launched Nova, the desktop was an enlarged version of the desktop I was using on Go!

When I return from picking up my dog I'm going to try ReLaunch and also check-out your link to the Icarus website, even though I've also got the stock Dictionary app frozen being happy with ColorDictionary.

Last edited by CharlieBird; 05-07-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Tags
android, boyue, boyue t61, boyue t62, icarus illumina