Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #316
micha123
micha123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3.3
Stupid question. How do you switch on the backlight without opening the native reader app?! There must be an option but I haven't found it.

Got Ivona installed and it sounds just fine for me through the phone jack.
micha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #317
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini
I read that you can use up to 128GB microsd. Is there anything special I need to look for when buying the microsd? Does Sandisk work okay?
donbrubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #318
franzli
Zealot
franzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toysfranzli shares his or her toys

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by micha123 View Post
Stupid question. How do you switch on the backlight without opening the native reader app?! There must be an option but I haven't found it.

Got Ivona installed and it sounds just fine for me through the phone jack.
Just press the status bar on the right hand side and you should get a menu containing quick settings (light, WiFi, Bluetooth) or notifications.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #319
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Not sure if this is what you mean but you can tap the upper right of the main menu screen and the pull down menu will pop up with the light icon right there to the left.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #320
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Just plugged a Samsung 128gb and it read it no problem. Then downloaded the Kiwix package of 35gigs of Wikipedia no pics offline. Still tons of room left.

Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #321
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Notimp...thanks for the protip.

Tried screenshot touch and it works clean. I'll have to prevent the kill switch on the app but the little dot is unobtrusive.

Will try out that applescript too. Appreciated.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #322
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Can someone tell me how to add fonts to moonreader? Am a big fan of Courier Polska 1941 (old typewriter font). I placed it in the fonts for the native reader but unsure how to place it into moonreader as well. Any tips would be appreciated.

Ive added the Rotate app and now I can toggle back and forth to two column landscape and regular reading (the MR toggle shuts down the app for me sometimes and Rotate hasn't so far).

Old Today, 02:55 AM   #323
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Can someone tell me how to add fonts to moonreader? Am a big fan of Courier Polska 1941 (old typewriter font). I placed it in the fonts for the native reader but unsure how to place it into moonreader as well. Any tips would be appreciated.

Ive added the Rotate app and now I can toggle back and forth to two column landscape and regular reading (the MR toggle shuts down the app for me sometimes and Rotate hasn't so far).

You tell MoonReader where to find your fonts. At the bottom of the screen where you choose your fonts you enter the location of your fonts.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:12 AM   #324
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Will try out that applescript too. Appreciated.
If you do - adb has to be installed on the Mac:
https://lifehacker.com/the-easiest-w...-to-1586992378

Usb Debugging has to be activated on the Likebook:
Tap on the version number under settings device info a few times quickly, until the "developer options are now enabled" message pops up, then go into settings > developer options and enable usb debugging.

The Likebook has to be connected via USB.

If you want to test the connection pull up a Terminal window and write

adb devices

The first time it should see the device but tell you communication is unauthorized. At the same time it will pop up a message window on the Likebook that asks you if you want to authorize the computer to communicate with the android device. Say yes (you can also check a box to make it permanent).

From then on simply running the applescript will take a screenshot and save it under ~/Desktop/boyue (You can save the script in AppleScript Editor as an .app and every time you run it, it will do so.

To run it quickly - use spotlight (cmd+space), or Quicksilver (https://qsapp.com/) or Alfred, or....

Just remember to change the notimp in the script with your MacOS user (userfolder) name. (One occurance.)

edit: Urgh. The xda tutorial doesnt tell you how to install adb globally ("navigate to specific folder... run adb from there").

Use this instead:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...usive-t2941205
also read this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=34

Sorry - people not being so considerate to actually tell you how to install a binary globally. They just tell you how to unzip a thing. Anywhere. Then always use that path to call it.

Last edited by notimp; Today at 04:50 AM.
notimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:09 AM   #325
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Moderator Notice

A very rude and condescending reply has been deleted.

Members are reminded to follow the Posting Guidelines, especially

1. Discuss Things Politely
[...]
Try to be sensitive to others when you post, and tolerant of others when you read their posts.
[...]
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #326
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You tell MoonReader where to find your fonts. At the bottom of the screen where you choose your fonts you enter the location of your fonts.
Purple Lady, excellent and thank you. Quick and easy.
Old Today, 10:37 AM   #327
feelmaroon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
If you do - adb has to be installed on the Mac:
https://lifehacker.com/the-easiest-w...-to-1586992378

Usb Debugging has to be activated on the Likebook:
Tap on the version number under settings device info a few times quickly, until the "developer options are now enabled" message pops up, then go into settings > developer options and enable usb debugging.

The Likebook has to be connected via USB.

If you want to test the connection pull up a Terminal window and write

adb devices

The first time it should see the device but tell you communication is unauthorized. At the same time it will pop up a message window on the Likebook that asks you if you want to authorize the computer to communicate with the android device. Say yes (you can also check a box to make it permanent).

From then on simply running the applescript will take a screenshot and save it under ~/Desktop/boyue (You can save the script in AppleScript Editor as an .app and every time you run it, it will do so.

To run it quickly - use spotlight (cmd+space), or Quicksilver (https://qsapp.com/) or Alfred, or....

Just remember to change the notimp in the script with your MacOS user (userfolder) name. (One occurance.)

edit: Urgh. The xda tutorial doesnt tell you how to install adb globally ("navigate to specific folder... run adb from there").

Use this instead:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...usive-t2941205
also read this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=34

Sorry - people not being so considerate to actually tell you how to install a binary globally. They just tell you how to unzip a thing. Anywhere. Then always use that path to call it.
Very nice. Great info. Charging up my 2011 Macbook Air. Thank you.
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #328
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
A the decency police is back in here to tell everyone, that it is good to give people polite answers, when they ask around which brand of product to buy.

Also keep your Amazon subscription, and never mind the proprietary formats - they have such great fonts... As every product blogger will tell you.

I'm off. Have a nice time. Most important input was given.

I dont work in societies, that tell everyone - being rude is bad, and now give our members product support for free. Day in and day out. Have fun with your watercooler talk.

From now on "what is best app"? And "does my favourite app work" and "should I buy sandisk sdcards?" discussions are back in again.

And never forget, dont be rude - and always give products and people 4/5 stars. Keep the moderator mice happy.

notimp out.

(Outlawing rude people.. hmm... Thats almost a viable political platform these days. Why has no one else thought about that!

Or polite social change - protest movements. They could hand out tissues to people and give them technical support, while marching on the streets... Then they could also be sponsored by advertising platforms. Its genius. Facebook morals.

Also the censoring templet looks very official and menacing indeed. Good job. People will believe it really kept them from seeing something very horrible indeed.)

Last edited by notimp; Today at 12:22 PM.
notimp is online now   Reply With Quote