Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
pdp21stcentury
pdp21stcentury began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-300
Sony PRS 300

Apologies up front if this has already been discussed / resolved in this forum. IF it has please do tell me where. OK this is the issue. I have recently bought a Sony PRS 300. If you go through the menu options and go onto "about" and then look at the 2nd paragraph down - my ereader states the following:- "This device is not authorized for Adobe DRM protected content". Is there any process by the device can be authorized ? I have perused the help documentation but to no avail. Thanks in advance.
pdp21stcentury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Hi pdp21stcentury, and welcome to the forum. the message you have seen probably means you have not registered your 300 with the adobe content server yet to be able to read drm-ed ebooks ; to do that, just launch the sony eBook Library while the 300 is plugged in to the USB port and you should get a prompt about registering the device. that should solve the problem.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
pdp21stcentury

Hi thanks for this quick reply - with the 300 plugged in to the USB port and I never get a prompt about registering the device. Ive had the device for 2 weeks & done this dozens of times. I do get taken to the on line store but theres no visible "registration" process apparent. Is it done via a popup? (I have those disabled). Maybe the registration request process can be manually "forced" some how ? Also I have a 16 alphanumeric code that came with the reader - is that related to this registration process? Thanks for any help :-) puzzled.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp21stcentury View Post
Hi thanks for this quick reply - with the 300 plugged in to the USB port and I never get a prompt about registering the device. Ive had the device for 2 weeks & done this dozens of times. I do get taken to the on line store but theres no visible "registration" process apparent. Is it done via a popup? (I have those disabled). Maybe the registration request process can be manually "forced" some how ? Also I have a 16 alphanumeric code that came with the reader - is that related to this registration process? Thanks for any help :-) puzzled.
hm, i don't have a 300 myself and my 600 is currently being repaired, so i can't check easily how it works. i recommend you try to launch the application Adobe Digital Editions while your 300 is plugged in, and see if it prompts you to register. if you have bought any DRM-ed books (like from the sony store), you could try transferring them using the sony eBook Library soft, that also should prompt you to register.

either way, if you don't manage to register it right away, it's not really a problem, you can still read any DRM-free books without registering (in fact i've never registered either my 600 or my 700 with sony ; only my pc).

i'm sure someone with a 300 can give you more details soon !
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
pdp21stcentury

ok thanks - maybe Ill trot over to local Sony Centre tomoroow and see if there is anyone there who can confirm things - will update this thread with any fresh info.
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp21stcentury View Post
ok thanks - maybe Ill trot over to local Sony Centre tomoroow and see if there is anyone there who can confirm things - will update this thread with any fresh info.
ok no worries, although to be honest i bet you'll get better info (and quicker) here than at your sony store. good luck !
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Go to the Sony online store and "buy" one of the free books that they have. That should trigger the ADE registration. I believe that is what happened to me. Sony will then send you 2 emails, one of which will tell you that they have registered you at Adobe Digital Editions.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote