Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Remmy
Remmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo touch battery percentage indicator problem

I'm having a strange problem with my Kobo Touch battery (percentage indicator). A few days ago I charged my Kobo to 100% (it had been lying unused for a long time and the battery had been completely drained before charging).

When I started reading, I had the idea I was losing battery charge pretty quickly, in 2 days I was down to 82% (wifi turned off most of the time), which I found a bit unusual. Today I plugged it into a charger, and it immediately said it was 100% charged and showed a 'check' mark on the battery to indicate it had finished charging. Turned Kobo off and on again, and the indicator said 82% again. Have tried different chargers and done a soft reset, to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem? I get the idea the '82%' reading must be right, as I have been using the Kobo a few days, so I'm sure it can't be 100% charged.
Remmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Leave it plugged in to charge for a few hours and see what happens. Then run it down empty and recharge. The battery calibration is probably off if it's been sitting for a while. A few charging cycles and things will likely smooth themselves out. That's my guess anyhow.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert