Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #31
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does Kobopatch tell us of a problem if patches are enabled that are not compatible? If so, can this be added in?
The patching-process will end with an error.
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #32
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I think I've found the problem: Here is a correction (in red) to the ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins patch:
Code:
    # QString.arg(double, ...) --> QString.arg(int64, ...)
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x4843B8, FindH: 97 F7 DE E9, ReplaceH: 8B F7 3E EA}
I doubt that this is the problem. I am using this patch without any changes and didn't have any issues.
Advert
Old 09-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #33
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
I doubt that this is the problem. I am using this patch without any changes and didn't have any issues.
It was definitely the problem in my case. Maybe it depends on which reader? I applied the patch to the Glo HD. And before I made that change, like Martina, I couldn't open any book on the reader, trying to do so just rebooted the reader every time. I even had the thought that maybe using added fonts would cause it to restart, but even with the Kobo system fonts, I still couldn't open any book on the reader before I made the change GeoffR posted.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #34
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Progresive

This is optimised for ClaraHD and GloHD but must work pretty well on AuraHD and H2O therefore, if you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Note: libnickel part doesn't change.
Use at your own risk, I can't warranty that it will not causes issues.
Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nickel-PROGRESIVE_H_4.10.11655.yaml.zip (51.1 KB, 245 views)
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:18 AM   #35
Dirk-71
Zealot

delete

Last edited by Dirk-71; 09-04-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Meanwhile I know, how to do it!
Advert
Old 09-04-2018, 08:36 AM   #36
Dirk-71
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
This is optimised for ClaraHD and GloHD but must work pretty well on AuraHD and H2O therefore, if you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Good luck.
I do not understand what I have to modify when I want to adapt the patch to Kobo Aura H2O 2 (Mark 6). Can someone give an example?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #37
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk-71 View Post
I do not understand what I have to modify when I want to adapt the patch to Kobo Aura H2O 2 (Mark 6). Can someone give an example?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
There is not an easy answer to this question.
My advice is to install this versión and see whether it fill your needs or not.
Perhaps you need a bigger font-size, or you prefer to disable the footer,... then look into the file to change the values.
Example:
You want a bigger font-size in submenus.
The default value for H2O (dragon) is 29px, I have set it to 36px, then you have a reference and decide a good value for you could be 43px. Hence
Spoiler:
Code:
# Texts in submenus
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}"
      Replace: "RegularLabel{font-size:43px;}"

If you have any question, please, don't hesitate... I'll do my best.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #38
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Sucessfully patched H2O ed2

Well, finally I´ve become brave and have installed the last fw 4.10.11655 patching it with kobopatch

Everything is running fine, so to geek1101, GeoffR, Jackiew and all people contributing to the patches.

No Overdrive option, but well, I live in Spain and there is no support for it here.

For reference, I have installed the following patches:
libnickel.so.1.0.0:
  • My 24 line spacing values
  • Custom left & right margins
  • ePub fixed top/bottom margins
  • Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs
  • Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs
  • Allow searches on Extra dictionaries
  • Clock display duration
nickel:
  • Show all games
  • Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing

I have also installed a corrected translation file, a new hyphenation dict (thank you to jcn363 ) and a modified FB2.xls (no, it is still not working well with fb2, but I have tried to change the default css and now it looks better. Anyway, if someone can help to improve the fb2 rendering ... )
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #39
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
I have also installed a corrected translation file, a new hyphenation dict (thank you to jcn363 ) and a modified FB2.xls (no, it is still not working well with fb2, but I have tried to change the default css and now it looks better. Anyway, if someone can help to improve the fb2 rendering ... )
What (and where) corrected file?
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:01 AM   #40
thaiminhan
thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: oasis 9th vs kobo aura one
Quote:
There is not an easy answer to this question.
My advice is to install this versión and see whether it fill your needs or not.
Perhaps you need a bigger font-size, or you prefer to disable the footer,... then look into the file to change the values.
Example:
You want a bigger font-size in submenus.
The default value for H2O (dragon) is 29px, I have set it to 36px, then you have a reference and decide a good value for you could be 43px. Hence
Spoiler:
Code:
# Texts in submenus
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsNova=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n\
                RegularLabel[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}"
      Replace: "RegularLabel{font-size:43px;}"

If you have any question, please, don't hesitate... I'll do my best.

Good luck.
Thanks for your works, have you release nickel-PROGRESIVE for KAI on lastest FW 11655 ?
thaiminhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:45 AM   #41
jcn363
absolute beginner

Progresive 4.10.11655

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaiminhan View Post
Thanks for your works, have you release nickel-PROGRESIVE for KAI on lastest FW 11655 ?
You are welcome.
Here you have.
Although H is optimised for ClaraHD and GloHD works pretty well on AuraHD and H2O.
If you own a different device, you must change the values as needed.
Warning: You never should use it if you read in turkish or japanese.
Use at your own risk, I can't guarantee that it does not cause any issue.
Note²: updated thanks to thaiminhan.
Note³: H updated thanks to Martina Schein.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nickel-PROGRESIVE_KA1_4.10.11655.yaml.zip (53.5 KB, 241 views)
File Type: zip nickel-PROGRESIVE_H_4.10.11655.yaml.zip (53.0 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by jcn363; 09-17-2018 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Warning
Old 09-05-2018, 04:08 AM   #42
thaiminhan
thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.thaiminhan shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: oasis 9th vs kobo aura one
Quote:
You are welcome.
Here you have.
Thanks again. i applied the patch for the moments and its working well. but somes text missing in Menu/Activity/My Words

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1536134891
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2415.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	166074  
thaiminhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:33 AM   #43
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Thanks again. i applied the patch for the moments and its working well. but somes text missing in Menu/Activity/My Words

I see. The text-box-size must be increased. I don't know where, but I'll try.
Good luck.
Note: Solved. Files updated. Thanks for feedback.

Last edited by jcn363; 09-05-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #44
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:

Quote:
I see. The text-box-size must be increased. I don't know where, but I'll try.
Good luck.
Note: Solved. Files updated. Thanks for feedback.
Hmmm... what patch is this? What does it do? I don't use it, but I don't think the text-box size is a patch related error. My Menu/Activity/My Words text-box was also too small (after activating My Words in the Kobo eReader.conf file and before applying patches, I think, but I could be wrong). Of course now the text-box is gone because I've added words
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #45
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hmmm... what patch is this? What does it do? I don't use it, but I don't think the text-box size is a patch related error.
I'm not too sure either but I think it might be based on tshering's work 'for bad eyes' which enlarged the font-size in a lot of the general GUI widgets.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch32lsb, patches, patching