Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Looking for a Gadget bag

Like most of you, I have all this stuff that I want to take with me but it's frustrating to do so. I have a Reader, Ipod, cell phone, Nintendo DS, wallet, keys...usually a p-book, a magazine/newspaper, a few papers. Y'all get my point. Of course I have a briefcase but just dumping all my stuff in there just turns it into a glorified man-purse and I hate disorganization.

I've seen a few good bag online but most of them have either one of two things I want to avoid: I like the style of a messenger bag but not the huge flap, a smaller flap or zipper would be better for me so I can use just one hand to access things (the other is usually holding on to a rail in the Metro). The other thing I'd like to avoid are notebook bags, I have an overclocked, watercooled monster at home, I don't want a laptop and a bag made for one just gets me the big empty space I wanted to avoid.

If y'all can tell me what you have or point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Egghead
Mentat
Egghead has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bookeen Gen3 Cybook
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/home

I have one of their original metro bags, which is a very decent size for me.
Advert
Old 02-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Looks nice but they still have that annoying huge flap and the one large compartment that's just waiting to crush my things.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
if it's good enough for Jack Bauer, it's good enough for you:
http://thesatchelpages.com/where-to-...messenger-bag/

Old 02-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I actually have one of those Andrew Christian (Jack bauer) bags.

It's great. But not for gadgets. You need something with a bit more protection to use it for anything but a standard bag. I keep my macbook in a padded sleeve when I use it, and my PSP in a very solid case.

Keep us updated on your search for a gadget bag... I'd love one, too.
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #6
Kosst Amojan
Addict

I will, I've found one called, ironically enough, the Gadget Bag. Problem is it literally comes apart so you can take certain sections with you...I don't want that. It's a thinkgeek though if you want to take a look.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
This looks nice:

Tumi T-Tech Zip Flow Zip Pouch:
http://www.tumi.com/products/index.c...ink=DetailShot