Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Bought my NC to use an an Android tablet to get my Amazon books (hundreds) but I've gone back to stock and I'm enjoying it much more. I may root it if it will let me use a true Night mode (black background with grey or red text) but I'm very happy with it.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #17
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Bought my NC to use an an Android tablet to get my Amazon books (hundreds) but I've gone back to stock and I'm enjoying it much more. I may root it if it will let me use a true Night mode (black background with grey or red text) but I'm very happy with it.
I feel the same way. B&N has done such an impressive job making an e-Reader that it's hard to give it up for the extra functionality of a generic Android device.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #18
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I'm really curious about the 1.4 changes. My wife bought the BestBuy trade-in program for this, so I may end up trading up to the Tablet. We'll see.

Or maybe not. I just saw that I will only get $125 for it. Then again, will there be a market for NC after the NT is released?

Last edited by astrodad; 11-14-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: depressing update after seeing how much I'll get for my NC
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
You can buy a manufacturer refurbished Nook Color with 1 year warranty for $139~149. I reckon $125 is the best price you'll get for your old one.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #20
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
I've had mine since early last December. My wife liked it so much I got her one for last Christmas. We've both used them extensively and like them a LOT. My wife reads a LOT more books on the NC than she did on paper. I really like reading on the NC, but a lot of the current books I read aren't available from the library so I'm still going back and forth between paper and the NC.

I'd have to say it's easily met our expectations and actually exceeded them.

I'd like to root mine, and one of these days I"ll get an SD card and do that.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #21
Lsantiago7859
Enthusiast
Lsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLsantiago7859 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Samsung 10.1 tablet, Nook HD+ and SONY PRS-T2
Cool Thanks!

Thanks to all of these answers, I have purchased a Nook Color ereader, and am the happier for it. A tablet at this time seemed like overkill, and I can always root it if I want a change. Again, I was able to make this decision partly because of the help I received, and am VERY happy! Happy Holidays everyone!
Lsantiago7859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Another satisfied customer. Received mine Christmas day in 2010...have used it every single day since then. Reading/audiobooks/movies.

Love it so much I got one for my sister a few months ago. She's still gushing about how much she's enjoying it.

Still haven't rooted....
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #23
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I love my Nook Color. The latest update has added huge value as well. It is a great reader and coupled with my simple touch a great combo.

Overall I am very happy with my B&N experience.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #24
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Wow, is all I can say after the 1.4 update. The reading features are improved and it has some nice tablet features even without routing. Almost all of my complaints about the Nook Color have been addressed in the year it has been out.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #25
librarianchat
librarianchat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I'm a Nook guy all the way. I think the Nook runs circles around anything Amazon has put out.
librarianchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #26
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Question dual boot?

Like most everyone here, I use my Nook Color every single day. I would like to try the new update, but, I wonder.....will the new update still allow us to use a
N2A card and boot to it whenever we want to take advantage of the Nook Color as a tablet??? That's important to me and I wouldn't want to lose that capability. Anyone know?
Kaysclie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #27
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
My N2A card works just fine after the update.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color nook