Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
bdbob
bdbob began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
Exclamation problem in reading *.prc(mobipocket) files?

I have problem in reading *.prc files, though mobipocket recognized my machine and conveyed all my books in the books folder, the Iilad couldn't open it!

Anybody help me?

PS:I am a chinese user and converted from chinese IDS to Europe IDS, because I want to read rss news, but it seems it doesn't work, bad luck!
bdbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
What software version are you running? (Found in the iLiad settings)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
bdbob

v 2.10.2
ER0100/010,NOTICE:the final 3 number indicate my machine is distributed in chinsese distriction. is that a problem?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
bdbob

Wink

anybody could help?
thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Odd, I have no idea.

Perhaps you should try to contact Tech Support, or post in the iRex forums.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I thought the chinese version of the iLiad didn't support Mobipocket? I'm not sure why it doesn't, but I remember seeing things that suggested it didn't on iRex's forum.

When they first split the software into the two regions they said it was because of space issues, and that adding Mobipocket meant they didn't have room for all of the fonts (specifically the chinese ones). Maybe that has something to do with it? Or maybe there's some licensing issue with releasing Mobipocket in China for some reason? You'll probably have to ask iRex to get an answer.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
bdbob

thanks all for ur responds, i'm contracting the crews of iRex, hoping to solve the problem