Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by otanim View Post
As I understand, to unlock PM messaging I need to wait 1 month ։)
Well, I'll be in touch ։)
Or post in the lounge.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #32
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Did you get a dictionary download, too? I got both the "font update" message, and three new dictionary downloads, too.
If so, I saw no message about it. I hadn't looked at the dictionaries except to choose one for English. Looks like the dictionary files are all dated the day I registered the KOA2 or earlier. What are the new ones?

Last edited by jscris; 11-23-2017 at 05:26 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid PMs don't work for new members, knc. You need to have been a member for a certain length of time, and have made a certain number of posts, before PMs can be used.
Quote:
As I understand, to unlock PM messaging I need to wait 1 month ։)
Well, I'll be in touch ։)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Or post in the lounge.
I think it only take two or three posts.
If not the lounge, then "Introduce yourself" at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Say hi to a few people and the site will let you use PM system.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #34
otanim
Enthusiast
otanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura aboutotanim has a spectacular aura about

Device: KOA, KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I think it only take two or three posts.
If not the lounge, then "Introduce yourself" at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Say hi to a few people and the site will let you use PM system.
knc1, seems saying "Hi" doesn't work either.
otanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:40 AM   #35
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
knc1, seems saying "Hi" doesn't work either.
You need a few more posts.
Come on down to the lounge. Grab some Winning posts.
Then come back here and knc1 can help you.
Advert
Old 11-24-2017, 12:19 PM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You need a few more posts.
Come on down to the lounge. Grab some Winning posts.
Then come back here and knc1 can help you.
It is strange, I am certain I have had 1-time posters send me PM messages.
And this is only the second person that has had this trouble, so it must be more complicated (or the people changing the site software are screwing things up differently from day-to-day).
Old 11-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #37
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is strange, I am certain I have had 1-time posters send me PM messages.
And this is only the second person that has had this trouble, so it must be more complicated (or the people changing the site software are screwing things up differently from day-to-day).
They changed servers a few months ago. Not sure what other changes were made.
P ming you.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:43 AM   #38
knc1
Going Viral

Application Launcher

That is: KUAL (Kindle Universal Application Launcher)

In conjunction with supporting a new hardware model (KOA2) our KUAL application will have to be replaced for any device running 5.9.2 (KOA2 and others).

There is a prototype replacement being reviewed now but in the process of updating the "HotFix" package, the dispatcher for ;log mrpi / ;log runme will be extended to recognize:
;log <application name> <argument(s)>
So that users who update to 5.9.2 will have some way to launch their applications until a menu driven KUAL replacement can be finalized.

(hmm... did I put enough disclaimers in that and give it the right spin?)
Old 11-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #39
bri_te
bri_te began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, KOA2
Hi,
I'm the owner of a Kindle Oasis:
Serial: G000 SA
Firmware: 5.9.0.6

I would like to Jailbreak it.
Thank you
bri_te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri_te View Post
Hi,
I'm the owner of a Kindle Oasis:
Firmware: 5.9.0.6

I would like to Jailbreak it.
Thank you
PM sent
Old 11-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #41
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
I did the JB and installed the hotfix.

Then I upgraded to 5.9.2.

Before 5.9.2 (as well as on my PW2) during reboot there is a very small message "*** bridge **" or something like that.

After 5.9.2 there is no message. I reapplied the hotfix again and rebooted. Still no message.

Is this normal?

KOA2-32 G000SA
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:12 PM   #42
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fllc View Post
I did the JB and installed the hotfix.

Then I upgraded to 5.9.2.

Before 5.9.2 (as well as on my PW2) during reboot there is a very small message "*** bridge **" or something like that.

After 5.9.2 there is no message. I reapplied the hotfix again and rebooted. Still no message.

Is this normal?

KOA2-32 G000SA
It is not "normal" but it is expected with the version of the bridge code you are using.
Someday, any day, just RSN, the bridge code will be fixed.
(Like, I have been re-writing it for the past five days.)
Old 11-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #43
pipik52846
pipik52846 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Could you tell me the password to download this files?THS...
pipik52846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:09 AM   #44
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipik52846 View Post
Could you tell me the password to download this files?THS...
Me too.
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:08 AM   #45
pipik52846
pipik52846 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
MY KOA2:
Firmware: 5.9.0.5.1
I want to Jailbreak my device.
Thank you!
pipik52846 is offline   Reply With Quote